Classic rock music!

actually I read or saw something about them and Sonny was a fairly successful song writer at some early point there. I forget the details. Cant deny their HUGE success though, talk about marketing gross
Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) they will only be remembered for I Got you Babe....

you guys like to avoid the truth dont ya ?

4 seasons, Won Golden Globe. Another 1 win & 22 nominations
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066717/

returned for another 2 seasons after divorce, thats 6 seasons on National TV... hardly forgetable

"The show was a Top 20 hit in the ratings for its entire run"

"In the decade they spent together, Sonny and Cher sold 80 million records worldwide."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_&_Cher_discography

then there is Chers later career

easy for us to never think of them,the buzzer didnt go off in my head until the other day, but all this represents a very large sum of gross revenues and accomplishments

Were not talking about TV shows... and as for the music you can't deny that the general public now can only name one of their songs... in other words other then that one song their music didn't really test the test of time... excluding Cher's later career...

Why must I have to state the obvious ? Thats because they were 60's pop... K ? What percentage of the population you think it is that understands, thinks about or even knows our kind of music ? There fore accept that there is music you do not consider.

I also knew the "thats not music" statement was coming and where from, I was hoping to detour that with the 80 million record sales, at least a bit but it didnt sink. I also hoped it would be considered that their show was entertainment covering both music and comedy but that didnt happen either. Then I also hoped that one would consider they accomplished this by spending years in the music industry and knowing the ropes and the people, but that failed to sink in too.

I'll chalk it up to more denial

There second most popular song was The Beat Goes On

la tee da tee de.... la tee da tee dah

I'll chalk it up to more denial

There second most popular song was The Beat Goes On

la tee da tee de.... la tee da tee dah
No denial. Actually everything you said goes without saying so to speak. And I would say a large percentage of the population that listens to oldies stations or classic rock stations are pretty knowledgeable of those era's even 60's pop. Just Sonny/Cher excluding I Got You Babe didn't survive time.Other pop acts did.

Anyways not going to dwell on it too much. But will go listen to The Beat Goes On to see if i remember it.

Thats the thing though, most are only knowledgable of the "classic" rock songs, the standards... a band name not the bands nor thier complete liberarys. Do you think that many that fell for Zep due to Dyer Maker and Stairway give two hoots about Communication Breakdown, Ramble On, Out on the Tiles to name a few ? No different than you only remember I got you Babe and dont realize they were in nearly every US house one night a week for 5 seasonal years, singing, dancing and carrying on.

Jimi, one of the most important music detouring and guitar figures in modern music, often disregarded and disrespected by those that only know or like from Yngwie and beyond... known to a newer generation by name only. Not alot different from the Beatles to me, I only know their radio music and am not inspired enough to ever buy a record because its just not my bag.

Even take Jimi in his hay day, I was always frustrated because most domestics only connected him with Purple Haze, Foxy Lady and Hey Joe yet his true highlights were Castles Made of Sand, Bold as Love, Vodoo Chile to name a few.

Oh, I knew they were on that tv show. I was just joking around. But i never bothered to hear what else they sang, that much is true. Also true what you say about people not pursuing a band's catalog.

I have a friend with more CD's and cassettes than me, he probably has a ton of vinyl too, not that I have alot, but the point is he has all that music for one particular song per release.... thats what I call a domestic, its like "dude... just leave your radio on long enough and you will hear those songs" I mean there good songs and all but geeze