COB change their music to power metal!!!

CoB = Melodic Death Metal just like

EToS
Imperanon
Skyfire
Mors Principium Est
The Duskfall
myGRAIN
Insomnium
Disarmonia Mundi
Kalmah
Norther
Noumena
Enter My Silence

etc. I'd rank CoB 6th or 7th best in their own genre, check out those bands I listed if you like CoB... Imho Janne Warmen makes CoB not Alexi Laiho, Laiho's vocals don't do justice to the band.

And to the guy who said CoB has their own unique style heh man check out the bands I just listed, they sound like CoB, but better..

myGRAIN - Veil of Sun one of the best songs ever in Melodic Death Metal.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=13770762
myGRAIN - Veil of Sun Take a listen

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=62641822
Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Prophetian Take a Listen <<< Fav band

Lol yes they do, take a listen dude.

CoB style = sick keyboard solos couple with guitar solo's and not much vocals, the only difference in the bands I listed they actually use vocals alot more.

You don't compare bands by listing solos and instruments. Listen to the SOUND of the bands. I've heard most of them and none of them SOUND like CoB. They're all heavy and have solos and harsh vocals, but that doesn't mean they're similar.

You don't compare bands by listing solos and instruments. Listen to the SOUND of the bands. I've heard most of them and none of them SOUND like CoB. They're all heavy and have solos and harsh vocals, but that doesn't mean they're similar.

Lol dude where are you living? What makes CoB = Guitar/Keyboard

What makes those other bands? Same thing!!!

If you take a CoB song, then play for example Prophetian or Nocturnal Strains from EToS they have the same principles!!! Stop living in denial.

The bands I listed are CoB inspired, they all use the same musical components, just some do it way better than others.

What makes those other bands? Same thing!!!

If you take a CoB song, then play for example Prophetian or Nocturnal Strains from EToS they have the same principles!!! Stop living in denial.

The bands I listed are CoB inspired, they all use the same musical components, just some do it way better than others.

You're just repeating what I'm trying to say.

CoB style = sick keyboard solos couple with guitar solo's and not much vocals,

You said it there. You also said

Disarmonia_Mundi said:
The bands I listed are CoB inspired, they all use the same musical components

And my point is that just because you have guitar solos, keyboards and keyboard solos and harsh vocals, it does NOT mean that they will sound the same.

I have not said which band do it better and I'm not trying to say that. My point is, most of these bands have the same setup as Bodom and might even come from the same fucking country. But to me, they don't SOUND LIKE Bodom.

This is completely pointless anyway, I'm just going to ignore anything you say after this point. Have a nice day. :kickass:

Once again,

CHILDREN OF BODOM =/= POWER METAL

The day that Bodom starts singing about Dragons and fighting for freedom in the name of the holy spirits of Valhalla for the Sword of Holy Light and saving the Princess to save the Emerald Kingdom for the right of every man, then come back and say that Children Of Bodom is Power Metal.

Um that would be Viking/Folk metal, not power metal, power metal has to do with heavy guitar and 80's style vocals... Anyways, how does a band NOT SOUND ALIKE WHEN THEY ARE USING THE SAME DAMN INSTRUMENTS AND PLAYING THE SAME DAMN CHORD PROGRESSIONS BASICALLY!!!

Have you even heard of Noumena? Listen to them, then take a listen to CoB... you can't say they don't sound a bit similiar, not saying its bad, but you can't say CoB is unique, yes unique when they came out, but not anymore.

Im a keyboard player myself and I can tell whats similiar and whats not.

Anyways I'm interested in what CoB thinks about all the new melodic death metal bands coming out using heavy keyboards/guitars like the bands I showed you, they are all badass and I love the style, and I wonder what CoB thinks about them and how the genre is going.

This is almost all Finland exclusive, Finland just rocks.

You can throw in Omnium Gatherum in there also, but they have a little different sound.

"They have sold thousands of albums internationally, and have many gold albums in their home country. I'm sure they erad their own message board!"

Dumbass.

Once again,

CHILDREN OF BODOM =/= POWER METAL

The day that Bodom starts singing about Dragons and fighting for freedom in the name of the holy spirits of Valhalla for the Sword of Holy Light and saving the Princess to save the Emerald Kingdom for the right of every man, then come back and say that Children Of Bodom is Power Metal.
Exactly.

Um that would be Viking/Folk metal, not power metal
Sorry, but... no. Ptah Khnemu is right.

No, singing about Dragons/Princesses/Swords of Light/Valhall etc. is VIKING/FOLK METAL.

Go listen to

Ensiferum
Thyrfing
Glittertind
Finntroll
Falkenbach
SuidAkra
Turisas

etc. you will see... POWERMETAL is not about that.

^Dude... I already listen to some of those bands you mentioned. And forgive me but dragons, princesses, swords and so on are typical of Power Metal, whether you agree or not.

Now all that I can say is that we have different points of view... and it's good after all, why not. :)

And last, just to go back on main topic.... in my opinion Children Of Bodom weren't Power in the past and aren't Power now too.

do you think that playing keyboard makes you more intense to music... dude play piano and than come back again... what the others want to tell you is, I think so, that the feeling the sound gives is different. Not the sound by guitar and any other instrument... the sound that sounds (how worse that sounds in english) in you

No, singing about Dragons/Princesses/Swords of Light/Valhall etc. is VIKING/FOLK METAL.

Go listen to

Ensiferum
Thyrfing
Glittertind
Finntroll
Falkenbach
SuidAkra
Turisas

etc. you will see... POWERMETAL is not about that.

Rhapsody (of fire), Stratovarius, Blind Guardian, Manowar....Those are probably the 4 most prominent names in power metal, and they ALL sing about subjects like that.

do you think that playing keyboard makes you more intense to music... dude play piano and than come back again... what the others want to tell you is, I think so, that the feeling the sound gives is different. Not the sound by guitar and any other instrument... the sound that sounds (how worse that sounds in english) in you

Meh, I played piano before I started to play keyboards.