Cob + Mtv

metaldeathlord

New Metal Member
May 9, 2002
Visit site
The other night i was flipping the channels at about 2 in the morning and went by MTV2- "Extreme Rock" and I saw the "Everytime I Die" video. Needless to say i fucking flipped out. I dont know what to think of it........Is this a good thing that they are on MTV and people are getting to be familiar with them? or.. Is it a bad thing that they are getting popular and a Die-Hard Linkin Park fan sees them and knows who they are? I dont know....im fucking tired i cant think...so you people tell me what you think about it.

In Germany there was a channel ( VIVA 2 ) that also had a show where videos/songs like this were played. They played e.g. COB, SLAYER, AC/DC, MOTÖRHEAD and stuff like that but then they closed the channel and made one where this stuff isn't played so often any more.
I don't mind because I wasn't able to watch it at home because it wasn't available on my TV connection. I know it from a friend.

If the Die-Hard Linkin Park fan says: "Wow, this is reaaaaaally better than the shit I used to listen.... I´ll never hear Linkin Park and shit like that again. I´ll be a real metalhead, FUCK THE NU-METAL!!!!!", then Í think it´s good...

But you know what? I don´t think this would happen never...

:eek: CoB was played on MTV2s Extreme Rock? Fuck man i need to get MTV2.....

Wow Soilwork, In Flames, now CoB, Melodic Metal is on the rise it seems.......

Well, Angra has been on the radio and on tv shows a lot lately... I don't know what to think of it, but I don't really like it.

I don't think CoB will turn into a trend just by being on tv a few times...

Originally posted by Saubermann
In Germany there was a channel ( VIVA 2 ) that also had a show where videos/songs like this were played. They played e.g. COB, SLAYER, AC/DC, MOTÖRHEAD and stuff like that but then they closed the channel and made one where this stuff isn't played so often any more.
I don't mind because I wasn't able to watch it at home because it wasn't available on my TV connection. I know it from a friend.

I think I can sintonize this channel in my TV...

i dunno, it scares me because thats what leads to it. mtv USED to be good back in the 80s, when the music actually meant something...now it doesnt mean shit to them except to make more money. hell vh1 and mtv are owned by the same ppl. i believe. havent you ever noticed all those freakin stupid shows on mtv now?????? they suck, its just to get all those teens and pre-teens to watch and get better ratings. its not about the music anymore. although lately they've been trying to become more "real" by playing better bands, and pop punk shit that claims to be punk. and mtv2 is just another attempt to get the other ppl. that actually like music back to watching the channel. hell thats why mt2 is sometimes on the mtv channel late at night. if anything i hope cob doesnt get a lot of shithead fans that dont know shit about them (posers) and just like their new single and they seem "hardcore" and shit. i dunno i hope it doesn't go down that road, but hey it might lead to it.

from the lips of iced earth on mtv: "mtv don't fuck w/ us, and we dont FUCK MTV"

mark, im not trying to incite any argument over "posers/non posers", but mtv has a huge effect on my shitty school, especially because mtv is located not 40 minutes from my house. hell all their shitty "summer beach shows" are on a beach not that far from my house either. i just hate the impact mtv has on ppl. around me. if u came to my school you'd be sick and tired of all the kids who change their "favorite" band every fuckin week. im tired of this and i hate it. theres only about 10 kids that listen to real fuckin metal at my school, out of about 2500+. that has to say something. the rest prob. listen to pop punk rock, or nu metal.

Originally posted by Pest
...if u came to my school you'd be sick and tired of all the kids who change their "favorite" band every fuckin week...

If I came to your school, it'd be to teach. And you shouldn't waste one more minute of your time worrying about what OTHER people do, think, etc. Does it really matter?

You may have misunderstood my point. Does it matter what other people do or like or believe in to me?? Not the least bit, hell I could give 2 shits about that. But when your school newspaper decides to have cd reviews and only review "popular" music, or when other people treat YOU like posers because you don't like the same music they do, or when assholes who think they know everything about everything related to a certain genre of music started talking shit to you about the most ridiculous stuff, is when it starts bothering me. We had a battle of the bands type thing at my school, and guess what my friends metal band didnt make it in. You want to know why? Because the teacher in charge of it wanted more "cool and trendy" bands at the show. Local bands that play pop punk and shit and aren't even good at their own instruments. Why did he want these more popular but less talented bands? To get more people to come watch thereby improving ticket sales. I could care less about what others thought, but it's when it starts effecting YOU that I get pissed off. Teachers judging me because of the music I like, and then the majority of the kids TELLING ME what to listen to, thats when it's unavoidable, that's why I get pissed off and rant on and on about it.

If it didn't have that much of an effect on kids my age I could seriously care less and just enjoy the music that i enjoy. If other people like another type of music? Good for them that's their opinion I respect it I'm not going to try to change it. But when others try to change my preference of music or bring me down for it, what am I supposed to do??

That's rough, I can empathize and agree with you. It was much the same when I was in high school...though luckily that was the late '80s, so wearing Metallica or Iron Maiden t-shirts to school wasn't looked at so badly.

Just remember, only the closeminded judge. And fuck 'em anyway. It (hopefully) won't be long before you're out of there, and then you can go make your OWN mark in the world, and hang w/ the kinds of people you want to.

damn straight cant wait man. im sure highschool was hard for a lot of us, but somedays man, i just want to slap ppl. in the face and giggle like a little school girl. only 2 more years.

If they like shit let them listen to shit..... as long as they dont come to you and tell you that your music sucks... (I think) everything should be cool I got into alot of fights when i was in high school some jock came upto em and said black metal sucks..... needless to say after he said that he left with 3 broken ribs, a broken arm and a broken leg.... tried to break his second but a security guard pulled me off him haahhaah.... anyway... now that im a bit older, would i do the same thing again, abosfuckinlutely! Becuase those people who listen to trash ARE TRASH

In Hungary we have a VIVA+ channel, and there's one hour(!) in a week when they play metal. I've seen there Slayer, Amorphis, Edguy, To/Die/For etc... I don't think it's a bad thing, I'm happy to see my fav bands on TV.