COBOT: the Album

I get frustrated fiddling around with that shit. sometimes I don't even hear a difference when I change something. but ok, I'll try again.

oh and also, is compressor used in the mixing process or the mastering process, or both?

I get frustrated fiddling around with that shit. sometimes I don't even hear a difference when I change something. but ok, I'll try again.

oh and also, is compressor used in the mixing process or the mastering process, or both?

Pretty much both, but you dont use a compressor everywhere in the mix, global compressor is usually on in a master, depends on who masters though.

And yes its very frustrating, but take your time, this is like guitar playing, making a good sounding record takes a lot of practice

Bleh, I'm so busy the whole week. Actually glad I don't have to do the guitar and base anymore =) Will probably finalize this shit friday afternoon, although it mind have to end up being instrumental.

I use compressors during the mix on drums (but individually on AD), rythm guitars and sometimes bass as my sister's cheap Academy has the most unconsistent sound ever. Then I sometimes use compressor on the master or not, depends. And afaik my tracks don't sound like Death Magnetic, right? They don't sound like pro CDs either though, lots of work to be done in there :p

OMG friday is the day!

And I still only have your track besides what was on the EP :p

lol. Before this rumor gets out of hand, compressors are used in 99% of music all the time, always has been, it doesnt make your record into death magnetic unless you want it to, it just removes loud jumps of volume. Seriously compressors should be MORE used in television feks, fucking annoys the hell out of me when a movie/tv program has a massive lack of compression.

But really, dont be afraid of using compressors, they make the whole thing sound less messy and its part of the tools that sows a record together successfully. Limiters too. But again, use them as you see fit, they dont automatically turn your record into death magnetic

I actually used compressors, but if you turn them up enough to make the song loud it begins to sound shitty.
Im gonna fiddle around some more :D

Finishing Twisha's vox and doing Eds tomorrow. I only have one class tomorrow and then I have a good 5 hour window before band practice so I will easily be able to get them done.

Also Ensi, If you need any mix adjustments let me know asap

I usually only use compression during mixing, on the vocals and sometimes parallel compression on the drums to make them sound larger

For some tips on master bus processing check this out.

http://www.faderwear.com/guides/

I usually only use compression during mixing, on the vocals and sometimes parallel compression on the drums to make them sound larger

For some tips on master bus processing check this out.

http://www.faderwear.com/guides/

what exactly is a master bus? and how do you "saturate" something? sounds like something reverb could do.

oh and also, alex, will you still be able to master my song for me?