COBOT: the Album

I rarely ever break any guitar strings and I use D'Addario, Ernie Balls or anything I can get my hands on. I've never had any issues with any brand since I change them regularly (every 3 months or so).

IMO theres little difference between most strings its all just down to personal preference.

Well, they may make decent guitar strings, I wouldn't know :lol: But their violin strings are shit, proven by multiple expriences. On my old accoustic they lost tune really fast (have not fucking idea how to describe this properly in English), and this time one broke after only 2 months of very casual use.

Darn, I should've just bought Thomastic to go with my electric :mad:

Im having some trouble getting my song really loud, i dont want it to sound like frekken Death Magnetic, but its already ok.

But i think i composed a baddass intro track for the album ... its like 40 sec. long and extremely frostbitten.

Well, they may make decent guitar strings, I wouldn't know :lol: But their violin strings are shit, proven by multiple expriences. On my old accoustic they lost tune really fast (have not fucking idea how to describe this properly in English), and this time one broke after only 2 months of very casual use.

Darn, I should've just bought Thomastic to go with my electric :mad:

I use D'addario strings for my guitar, and for my violin I use Thomastik Dominant strings. I haven't broke a guitar string since I've got my LTD, and I use the whammy bar and I bend a lot. I change my strings every other month when playing normally, and every month if I've played a lot.

I don't remember what brand I put on my strat replica when I got my LTD, the guy from the music shop (who is also a good friend and my ex guitar teacher) recommended it to me, but it wasn't D'addario, and the high E and the B string broke, so I went back to the music shop, got D'addario's and everything is great now.

^^"Eating out a dismembered decomposind vagina with rotten teeth" :lol:

^ Well, yeah Thomastik is good, although Dominant is just OK; my mom likes Red for acoustic although I haven't tried it myself; I'm thinking of getting Precision for the electric, just because I like tight strings.

EDIT: BTW, how's that song going? =)

I remember buying Dominant strings back when i played violin.

Violin strings are so damn expensive.

I usually only break guitar strings when I'm doing whammy bar stupid shit

Yes, bending, whammy use, no matter how far, the strings don't break. I've played a long time with .11 - 49 in D, last half year i'm playing with 12-54 in B. strings are changed every 3 months

Same here. I never break them (now I'll snap one of my new strings tomorrow). And change them every 3-6 months depending on how lazy I am.

Im having some trouble getting my song really loud, i dont want it to sound like frekken Death Magnetic, but its already ok.

But i think i composed a baddass intro track for the album ... its like 40 sec. long and extremely frostbitten.

I think I already have been submitted an intro, but not sure. Work on it and send me, and we'll see what we do :)

In my situation, this is what causes 90% of my string breakage.

10% is bending.

BTW, I saw a violin string break from plucking. Best story ever: our orchestra second conductor sometimes plays the concertmaster for the concert, and we were doing this piece that had a pizz. movement, and he said it wasn't loud enough on the final ff; then he claimed that one cannot break a string regardless of how hard you pluck. Well, what do you know, at the concert in the very same spot, the string breaks clean in half with an awesome noise :lol:

^yeah you're right, violin strings are stupidly expensive. Couldn't get a decent set below 50$

These guys have nice discounts on string sets: http://www.johnsonstring.com/

Most sets outside the most "fancy" ones are under $50, and the middle-range decent sets are in the 25-35$ range.

compressors do the work

BTW, I saw a violin string break from plucking. Best story ever: our orchestra second conductor sometimes plays the concertmaster for the concert, and we were doing this piece that had a pizz. movement, and he said it wasn't loud enough on the final ff; then he claimed that one cannot break a string regardless of how hard you pluck. Well, what do you know, at the concert in the very same spot, the string breaks clean in half with an awesome noise :lol:
:lol: I used to hate changing my strings because the E string would break half of the time when tuning it for the first time.

These guys have nice discounts on string sets: http://www.johnsonstring.com/

Most sets outside the most "fancy" ones are under $50, and the middle-range decent sets are in the 25-35$ range.

Sounds good, although I'm pretty sure that when converted into Canadian dollars, I would still pay a bit more than 50$ for a set of Dominant, and I'd still have to pay for the shipping. Thanks though, the link could've been useful if I had lived in the USA.

lol. Before this rumor gets out of hand, compressors are used in 99% of music all the time, always has been, it doesnt make your record into death magnetic unless you want it to, it just removes loud jumps of volume. Seriously compressors should be MORE used in television feks, fucking annoys the hell out of me when a movie/tv program has a massive lack of compression.

But really, dont be afraid of using compressors, they make the whole thing sound less messy and its part of the tools that sows a record together successfully. Limiters too. But again, use them as you see fit, they dont automatically turn your record into death magnetic

tr00. I didn't use any compressor on my tracks. hence I also have a low volume. and if I increase the master volume, then it starts to clip. I'm stuck.

Compressor + Limiter + Fiddling around with settings/learning them, and you fix your problem, brix will be shat