COBOT: the Album

i might be able to do something but, i'm not totally sure yet. my time is kinda filled with multiple bands and we're doing something similar to this on the bloodbath boards

I'm intrigued. Though it's kinda lame to waste a song on this :D

I'll do Halford high notes!!

:D
I'm not sure if you mean you are in?

I'll do it, wait what am i doing. playing geetar right? yea i got the 6 string skillz
You have to compose your own song and record it, should i count you in?
I'm in.

Here's an example of some improv. lead playing over a backing track-

http://amplifyyourmusic.com/HC_impro_lead.mp3

(ok it might be a bit pre mediated but whatev. :p)
Thats cool:kickass:. I take it you will make our own backing for this though?

What should the cutoff number of people be 20? so it's like 12 on each CD including conjoint compositions

I have made a few updates to keep a better track of things and make it more professional.

Mitch, I started writing my song today and its very bodomy. I demand your soloness on a part of it. I will let you know when I have everything guitar pro'd and I can send you it to figure your solo out or something.

"DHG- Keyboard sounds."

What I do in fact is that I enhance songs(GP files) by adding strings, organs and that kind of "classical" stuff if you like. I'm not much into main song/solo writing.

I think i'm just gonna mess with ppl's songs and propose ideas.

That's what I meant by keyboard sounds - adding strings to riffs etc. That is why on Fetzer I added leads and solos. Or do you mean you don't actually record the sounds just add them to GP?

I can record them, well, now I only can with my cheap keyboard but in the next days/week I should receive my new digital piano which sounds awesome.

ach what the hell, count me in. If I end up liking my song too much I'll back out and use it for my own band :D

Necrö;7683846 said:
ach what the hell, count me in. If I end up liking my song too much I'll back out and use it for my own band :D

OK cool but remember to post if you do back out

What's the big deal, if you want to use it with your band, then do it. Doesn't mean you can't use it here too, it's not like it's going to be sold in shops under two different band names, it's just an online fun idea.

And I'm about 1/3 through composing my song. I've done about 2 verses & 2 chorus' or whatever but since it's instrumental, I want to take it a bit further and try add some cool harmony parts too to stop it from just being a vocal-less rock song with a basic structure.

What's the big deal, if you want to use it with your band, then do it. Doesn't mean you can't use it here too, it's not like it's going to be sold in shops under two different band names, it's just an online fun idea.

And I'm about 1/3 through composing my song. I've done about 2 verses & 2 chorus' or whatever but since it's instrumental, I want to take it a bit further and try add some cool harmony parts too to stop it from just being a vocal-less rock song with a basic structure.

yeah you're right. that's what I thought just a few seconds after I posted.
anyway, the song I'm doing wouldn't fit into my usual style. It's a mellow 6/4 balladesque kind of thing. Probably not very original, but I enjoy doing it :)