Comics Thread #2

i actually only started reading invincible cuz you loved him so much in your posts from several months ago

Picked up these two today.
TMNT_Classics_Vol2.jpg

2459_400x600.jpg

To answer any potential questions, I'm not touching the TMNT book until tonight, I'm not touching YTLM until Book 3 comes into the store next week.

On a slightly different note, they're doing a good job at making Dr. Mann look like a hottie/slut/piece of eye candy.

15429_900x1350.jpg

...*ahem* a really good job in my opinion...

--

Edit: I lied. I had a really big dump that I needed to take and as a result took a crack at the TMNT book. It's odd, considering the circumstances. :Guh:. It had its moments, and I found it somewhat funny in certain cases, but as a whole I enjoyed the first volume more.

That picture of Dr. Mann is a cover for one of the hardcovers. There are five. I have them. They're really nice. :p

I was gonna ask what you thought about volume three, but then I read the second half of your post. :lol: Are you interested in starting any other idie series? I could recommend quite a few good ones.

That picture of Dr. Mann is a cover for one of the hardcovers. There are five. I have them. They're really nice. :p

From Vol. 1 I think. Number two is probably my favourite (but then again, Agent 355's badass poses are probably the best I've seen).

I was gonna ask what you thought about volume three, but then I read the second half of your post. :lol: Are you interested in starting any other idie series? I could recommend quite a few good ones.

One week wait is too long!! :lol: :(

I don't think I'll have time to start another indie series quite honestly, for multiple reasons. Common ones being studies and needing to finish the other two I started. If in the event that I was given another chance to start a new series, I think one would've been (if I'm correct) Chew or Preacher (based on what you've recommended previously). More likely Chew.

I fucking love Chew. :lol: I need to catch up. Definitely going for single issues after this next hardcover comes out.

The cover for the fifth hardcover is my favorite one. Though, it may or may not be a spoiler to see, soooo.....

"School... What you learn from it... What you REALLY learn from it. Not the nonsense in the book... How the world works. How people interact... Life stuff. You NEED that stuff. It's important."

- Morgan Jones, The Walking Dead #82

I FUCKING FOUND IT.

Neither did I. The scene in which it was said was very strange too. That part always weirded me out.

Speaking of The Walking Dead, in the past few days, I've re-read (hardcover) books five through eight. That's half the series. :err: I just couldn't stop! :lol:

Do we really need two threads about the same thing? I only made this one because the other one got lost. Let it die. Use this one instead.

About Spider-Man, obviously he'll come back. I'm just looking forward to seeing how.

Just finished the Anomaly graphic novel. Link to the site :

www.experienceanomaly.com

and a link to the ultimate augmented reality app trailer :

Obviously you can read the book without a smart phone, but the app is so cool that it just needs to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
there's going to be another movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1291150/

Please stop reminding me. I appreciate Eastman's optimism for this movie, and in fact I may even watch it for the sake of giving a fair opinion, but to make the Ninja Turtles ALIENS already leaves a sour taste in my mouth. :puke:

Just finished the Anomaly graphic novel. Link to the site :

www.experienceanomaly.com

and a link to the ultimate augmented reality app trailer :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN5xTtzRsMQ

Obviously you can read the book without a smart phone, but the app is so cool that it just needs to be seen.

They've done a good job in pimpin' out the book to give the reader a different (and more interesting) look at the comic, but Anomaly seems a bit too Sci-Fi for my tastes...

Okay, I bought Book 3 for YTLM, and read Book 3 and 4 last night. Book 3 has a really good story line to it, plus I love the interaction between 355 and Yorick, and some of the moments were flat out witty and hilarious. Book 4 has some of the best character development I've read in a book - comic or regular - and Widow's Pass has got to be my favourite... er, 'storyline' from the four I've read so far.

Also, lol, Dr. Mann's gay.

Yep. Kinda unsurprising to me really.

Safeword scared me. Alot. :lol: I loved the part in Arizona though. The whole of volume three as well. And it only gets better. :p

The only Noir series I read was the Iron Man one, which was good until the last issue when my copy reprinted like the first four pages after the first four pages. :bah: :lol:

Hey Keenan, look what I got.

Walking-Dead-Compendium-One-450x692.jpg
tumblr_mbbmikOgiy1qck2r0o1_500.jpg

So heavy, but it's gonna be FUN to read.

Edit: Wow, that was quick...
Edit 2: Dale... :lol:
Edit 3: Julie... Chris... :erk:
Edit 4: Jesus, Carl and Sophia look adorable together.
Edit 5: So apparently Maggie's very abrupt about secks with Glenn...

That's awesome. With those two books you can read almost the entire series. Do you have any idea what happens later on?