Concept Albums

Gryphon's Red Queen to Gryphon Three is an instrumental concept album

And a good one, too!

Porcupine Tree - Voyage 34 is about a group of people who take LSD.
Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness.
Opeth - Ghost Reveries, with the exception of Hours of Wealth, I think.
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse is about a ghost who doesn't know he's dead.
The Flower Kings - Garden of Dreams, the first disc anyway.
King Crimson - In The Wake Of Poseidon has lyrics written inspired by the cover painting.
IQ - Subterranea
Transatlantic - The Whirlwind, not exactly sure what it's about, though..
The Tangent - Not As Good As The Book
Evergrey - In Search of Truth is about alien abduction
Scar Symmetry - The Holographic Universe based on the book of the same name.
Genesis - Selling England By The Pound
Kamalot - The Black Halo, which if I understand correctly is about good vs. evil.
Gentle Giant - In a Glass House is, I think, based on the phrase "never throw stones near a glass house."

Epica - Consign to Oblivion

(which, I might add, is worth the effort to track it down in SACD format, it really transforms the listening experience)

Why do people keep on recommending non-fantasy/fairytale concept albums? I thought that was what the thread was about? There are probably a lot of other threads for general concept album recommendations.

Why do people keep on recommending non-fantasy/fairytale concept albums? I thought that was what the thread was about? There are probably a lot of other threads for general concept album recommendations.

I thought that was just an added note kind of thing.

Well if you read the OP they said fantasy/fairtytale would be good but not necessary.

A few of my favourites which haven't yet been mentioned:

Devin Townsend - Ziltoid The Omniscient
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Disillusion - Back To The Times of Splendor

The last two are fantasy sort of stuff. And all three are amazing musically which in the end is the only thing that counts..