Concert Review Thread

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
I thought it would be nice to have one place where we can post our thoughts on the SW-shows we have attended. Pictures would be awesome as well, of course!

Bodø - the 10th of March

The first Seventh Wonder show in 2012 was in Bodø (Norway).
It took place in a venue called 'Sinus', which is a 'Kulturhus' in Bodø. Not a big venue/stage but a rather small club with a nice atmosphere.

The show in Bodø was actually a really special one because it was the first gig where Andreas B. and Stefan played together!!
Andreas had returned to Stockholm only a week ago (he had been in the USA for a whole year) and it was pretty clear that he was looking forward to play with the other guys again. It was awesome seeing him on stage again: what a great performance it was!!
Stefan really is growing into his role as SW's drummer (I know, it's almost been a year since the announcement but this was 'only' his fourth show): he's playing with a lot of energy, some new little elements are added to the songs and he's clearly having a great time behind the kit :kickass:!

The guys had a few soundtroubles from time to time (I think the 'in ear monitors' had some adjustment-issues) but that didn't affect the performance and joy on stage at all.
Kyrrt and Johan were playing great as usual (again, as usual....:D) and added some nice additional backing vocals to the songs as well!
Tommy's voice was amazing again and he really gave it all trying to hit all the right (and high) notes :worship: !

The setlist was (in order):
- Wiseman
- Hide and Seek
- Welcome to Mercy Falls
- Banish the Wicked
- Tears for a Father
- A Day Away
- Taint the Sky
- Alley Cat
- Unbreakable
- The Edge of My Blade

Encores:
- One Last Goodbye
- The Black Parade

It's good to mention that "One Last Goodbye" was dedicated to the victims of the Utøya-tragedy (Norway, July 2011). A few Seventh Wonder fans who attended the show had lost some dear friends in (and in the aftermath of) that tragedy.
Naturally, emotions came to the surface and I'm sure this special moment will live on in their hearts forever.

Guys, thank you so much for an incredible show and an amazing time!
May the dates in Italy be a continuation of the awesomeness shown in Bodø!

Sirclansman, please feel free to post some of your pictures in this thread - they would be a great addition for sure!!

Sirclansman, please feel free to post some of your pictures in this thread - they would be a great addition for sure!!

Oh, sure, as soon as I get my tablecomputer (in which I have my Photoshop) to work again!
I also will write review / road trip -story about our adventures in (and our way to) Bodö to finnish online metalmedia Imperiumi.net. Will post a link too, when it be released!

Nothing much more to say to what Kazar told about the show. It was nice to see Stefan on stage (still, I bit missed Johnny!) with the guys. He's know what he's doing and seems to fit band perfectly! It was also very nice to see the band off stage again, it was too long time no see!

Really looking forward to next SW-liveshow, where ever it will be!

Ok, here we go. Pics are bit grainy cause my current camera is quite old, but I still hope you enjoyed these. Anyway, ladies and gentelemen, Seventh Wonder alive at Bodö:

sw_pieni_1.jpg

sw_pieni_2.jpg

sw_pieni_3.jpg

sw_pieni_4.jpg

sw_pieni_5.jpg

sw_pieni_6.jpg

sw_pieni_7.jpg

sw_pieni_8.jpg

sw_pieni_9.jpg

Thank you both for the concert review, the setlist and the photos! So great to hear you had such a great time there! But how could it be any different? :p

While Long Way Home was so amazing at PPE, without Jenny it would not make much sense to keep it in the setlist of course. ;)
I love Banish The Wicked, I hope it will be in the Italy setlist too!

"Keikkaa nimittäin todisti myös bändin internetfoorumin hollantilainen päällysmies Kazar."

:D Nice - Thanks!!

Frankgate, I assume you don't have Facebook and/or read the news section on the official website and/or read the first post in this thread..... :confused:

:p

Andreas B. IS back (he already was at the Bodø-gig) and yes, he will play during the Italian tour!!

I know it well, unfortunately i live in the South of Italy, it's a trip way too long for me, especially in a working day. :(

The Italian Tour is over...

Trieste - the 11th of April

Approximately 200 Italians attended the show and made it, despite the somewhat bad sound, a real succes!
The crowd was really enthusiastic - those Italians are crazy ;) - and sales at the merchandise booth were really great.
'Trieste is Rock' surely proved themselves again!

The setlist in Trieste was (in order):
- Wiseman
- Hide and Seek
- Welcome to Mercy Falls
- Tears for a Father
- A Day Away
- Taint the Sky
- Alley Cat
- Unbreakable
- King of Whitewater

Encores:
- I want it all (Queen cover)
- One Last Goodbye
- The Black Parade

Turin - the 12th of April

The second gig in Italy was at a venue called 'Il Peocio'. The guys had played there before, so the friendly atmosphere in the bar and 'the basement' was very familiar to them. The owner of the bar is a big SW fan and he was thrilled to see the guys again! Not too many people this time but a crazy crowd nonetheless!!

The band entered the stage at almost 01:00 o'clock, but they truly gave it their best :worship:: a very energetic show was the result with fans shouting and singing along at the top of their lungs!

I'm not too sure of the setlist that evening, but I think it was something like this:
- Wiseman
- Hide and Seek
- Welcome to Mercy Falls
- Banish the Wicked
- Tears for a Father
- A Day Away
- Taint the Sky
- Alley Cat
- Unbreakable
- The Edge of My Blade

Encores:
- The Black Parade

Parma - the 13th of April

The venue in Parma, a place called 'Onirica Club', had really (really) high ceilings.
(Therefore,) soundwise it wasn't too good, but the stage itself was pretty high as well, so everybody had a very good view of the band.
It was in this venue where SW met the winner of the 'meet and greet'-contest. After picking up a free T-shirt he met the band, had the opportunity to talk to the guys and some nice pictures were made with him, his friends and the band.

The setlist was:
- Wiseman
- Hide and Seek
- Welcome to Mercy Falls
- Banish the Wicked
- Tears for a Father
- A Day Away
- Taint the Sky
- Alley Cat
- Unbreakable

Encores:
- One Last Goodbye
- The Black Parade

Milan - the 14th of April

'Skate or Die", that's what we read on some wall when we arrived at the venue in Milan...:err:
'Barrio's Café' was the place to be..... and it was fantastic!!
The sound that night was really great and all the fans that came shouted and sang their hearts out! It was an amazing night in a wonderful ambiance.
The afterparty was an unforgettable gathering as well with fans from Spain, France, Germany and Norway!

The setlist in Milan was (in order):
- Wiseman
- Hide and Seek
- Welcome to Mercy Falls
- Banish the Wicked
- Tears for a Father
- A Day Away
- Taint the Sky
- Alley Cat
- Unbreakable
- The Edge of My Blade

Encores:
- One Last Goodbye
- The Black Parade

Rovigo - the 15th of April

I wasn't in Rovigo myself nor have I heard any stories about it (except that all went well - no strange things happened) so it would be great if any of you can enlighten us on the 'Rovigo-performance' and/or the setlist!

Guys, thank you so much for an incredible time and all those fantastic shows/performances: it truly was an unforgettable experience!!

Thank you Kaz for the little reviews and setlists (I Want it All! Word! :headbang: I have always been thinking that there are certain similarities between Tommy and Freddie Mercury!:D).
Anyway, it seems everybody had a wonderful time in Italy! Too bad I missed it! :(