Concerts - 2007

If Ulver decides on a tour anytime soon, I'll be there. : D But other than them and Dt, none of my other favourite bands are around anymore, or they can't tour the us for some reason, or this or that. i'm just glad I got to see Dt on the 20th. : ]

Quite originally, I have something to add to this thread. I'm going to see Iron Maiden in Rome, next June. I hope hyena will make it as well.

I have absolutely nothing to add on this subject, however. Unless you want expletives of some sort... in which case: I'm so DARN excited! This is so WACK! I'm gonna go and be all like YEAH I JUST WENT MAN!

Oh, how could I forget them? Ill see them in June as well! :)

So the owner of the venue got chickened out...

...Fucking shit, I hate that this is happening, damn catholic countries.

Hey that also happens here! Some Slayer concert got cancelled and they had to pick up a new place to play at, but they finally did play, and it was awesome, even my friend who had never heard of them (I know, haha) was amazed by the show they put up.

I found out recently I'm going to see Immortal at B.B. Kings this July! And, I'm going for free to boot! I'm sooooo excited. Immortal is one of my favorite black metal bands (and I love that they're so tongue-in-cheek), and I never thought I would see them (or Emperor, still probably not going to see them... :( )

I'm seeing Novembers Doom, Saturnus, and Thurisaz in New York, along with Gwynbleidd and Grey Skies Fallen, and then the next night, those three bands will be playing in Springfield, VA with Daylight Dies. Those shows are on the 24th and 25th of this month.

I live in Buttfuck, Egypt and we get the worst kind of crap you can imagine. For decent Metal shows it's jack and godamn shit, no actually it's worse than that. But....I did travel last weekend South to see Dark Tranquillity and co (excellent show), and I'm flying south in a couple weeks to see Heaven and Hell, 2nd row floor tickets. In the early Fall I'm promoting a righteous Black Metal show here with Wolven Ancestry and Nefastus Dies. Other than that there's nothing on the horizon coming or that I plan to travel to see. that I can think of off hand...unless the weekend I'll be in San Diego for the Comicon something shows up...

np Motley Crue - Shout at the Devil

Finally saw Moonspell on Saturday. One of the best shows in my life! The sound was probably the best Ive ever experienced at a gig. You could hear everything, but it wasnt too damn loud as its usual with the headliners. They played these songs, in more or less this order:

In Memoriam
Finisterra
Memento Mori
Blood Tells
Proliferation (this was a real treat with the guys joining the samples one by one, first drummer, then keyboardist, then guitar and bass)
Opium
Awake
Ruin and Misery
Everything Invaded
Vampyria
Alma Mater
From Lowering Skies
Full Moon Madness
Mephisto
Capricorn at Her Feet

This experience was intensified by the fact that I went with my wife (who likes listening to metal, but never goes to gigs with me), and she really really liked it. :headbang:

No, I thought they were going to play it, but they didnt. Neither did they play anything from Sin/Pecado and Butterfly Effect, which is a pity. But it was an awesome show anyway!

Now I must save some cash for Marduk, Enslaved, Keep of Kalessin due in May.

Yesterday, I saw the best Iron Maiden cover-band ever. I was going to see some other bands (Charon, Ruoska, Kotiteollisuus) with my friends and we sat down at the bar right when this unknown opening act started with "The Number of the Beast". At first we just laughed at them ("Iron Maiden covers, how original"), but midway through their second song ("2 Minutes to Midnight") I realized they were playing damn well and I just had to rush to the front-row to bang my head and to sing along to classics like "The Trooper" and "Fear of the Dark". Too bad they had to cut their set short, the vocalist told me afterwards they would've also played "Hallowed by Thy Name" if they'd had enough time.

All in all, I had damn fun, but am paying the price today; my head hurts like hell right now. I think I'll go back to sleep...

-Villain

Immortal, Emperor and Queensryche are all $50. Rush is like $100, no freakin way i'm not that rich. I just ordered my ticket for Kataklysm, devildriver, unearth and Dimmu Borgir for $25. Since i'll be seeing Nile, Behemoth and Daath at the Ozzfest i guess i'll just see Into Eternity and EdGuy near the end of the year.
Amon Amarth is still up in the air, that's $50 for an outdoor venue with a bunch of crap bands.

I'm going to see Dimmu Borgir, Unearth, DevilDriver and Kataklysm tonight. It'll be my second time seeing Kataklysm, DevilDriver as well, although I'm not a fan. Dimmu Borgir is sure to be amazing.

@Jolty: I hope they play "the sinister awakening"

@Villain: I'm not such a fan of Charon, but Ruoska + Kotiteollisuus sure sound compelling!

There's going to be a metal expo here, next Sunday. I do not know what the name of the expo will be, It actually says it on the brochure, but I seriously can't understand what it says (I can post a scan if anyone's interested/curious/nosy).

The whole expo is "In memory of Iron Maiden", kinda cliché, but I will most likely attend.

14 Local bands will be playing, mostly Death and Black metal, there're also some Grind and Heavy metal bands.

There will also be: clothing stands, an e-mag presentation (I can almost swear their website is going to suck), a "cinema lounge" in which gore, horror and terror movies will be shown, freak shows (no sodding idea what that is), gothic clothing runway show (created by local designers), three sub-expositions: tattoo & body mod expo, torture gadgetry expo, and an art expo with paintings, sculptures, and other artistic creations, related to metal.

It seems like it is going to be interesting.

I'm not into tattoos or gory movies, but some horror movies are interesting.

Seriously though, it's all going to be the same day, and only that day. I don't think there will be enough time to watch more than 1 movie, with all those bands playing, and everything else that's going to be there to see.