Edguy/Into Eternity-September 16 @ BB Kings
Finntroll-September 18 @ Crocodile Rock
Sonata Arctica/Firewind-October 2 @ Trocadero
Cannibal Corpse-October 4 @ Trocadero
Overkill-October 7 @ Trocadero
Paradise Lost/Nightwish-October 13 @ Trocadero
Suffocation-November 15 @ Trocadero
Catamenia-November/December @ ???

I saw some band called Dark Tranquillity perform at Sauna Open Air last saturday. There were quite a lot of enthusiastic DT fans around, in the frontrow I met the guy with the Haven-tattoo on his leg that appeared recently on the DT homepage, among other people who seemed to recognize the bandmembers and who sang old DT-tunes while we were waiting for the band to start. The weather was hot as hell (I must've sweat several gallons during the festival), but the band-members seemed very cool as they were fixing things on the stage.

They started strong with Terminus and continued to blast away for an hour or so with mostly newer songs. The audience was very much into it, singing along to almost every song. The playing was as flawless as I could hear and Mikael as animate and energetic as always. It was a rather standard performance, I believe, with nothing unusual going on, but even on their routine-level the guys delivered damn well. Most of the songs were fast headbangers, but the few slower moments worked very well in my opinion. The highlight of the set was Inside the Particle Storm; it was almost surreal when the audience suddenly went silent during the intro, holding their breaths to sing along with Mikael a few moments later.

The setlist was as follows (it should be quite correct, but I'm not 100% sure):
01. Terminus (Where Death Is Most Alive)
02. The Lesser Faith
03. The Treason Wall
04. The Wonders at Your Feet
05. Blind at Heart
06. Final Resistance
07. Inside the Particle Storm
08. The Endless Feed
09. Focus Shift
10. Punish My Heaven
11. My Negation
12. The New Build

Later in the evening I had the privilege to spend a few hours with the guys. I've said this before, but it always catches me by surprise to see how down-to-earth and casual they can be. I had some great discussions about the band's past, present and future, Mikael's thoughts about religion, as well as a multitude of other topics, some of which were truly hilarious. I also had a very nice chat with Martin B. that started on poker and studio-work and then somehow turned into him encouraging me to pursue my future plans (thanks). Overall, it was a very nice evening on top of a great festival, and I can't wait to see them again.

-Villain
Ah just reading this kills me for not going there.. Inside the Particle Storm live, wow, just WOW! The trip would've been quite expensive for me only to see THE band (I couldn't have been there for all three days 'cause I had some trials for school on Thursday :erk: ), almost a hundred euros for one day.. Ah well, I'll see them headlining at Jurassic Rock. :heh:

These are all my shows.....

Summer Slaughter-July 8 @ BB Kings
Necrophagist-July 10 @ Franklin Mills Mall
Sounds of the Underground-July 14 @ Starland Ballroom
Sounds of the Underground-July 15 @ Electric Factory
Slayer-August 2 @ Tweeter Center
Symphony X-August 10 @ Trocadero
Alice in Chains-August 20 @ Tweeter Center
Ozzfest-August 22 @ Tweeter Center
Dream Theatre/Into Eternity-August 26 @ Tower Theater
Insomnium/Katatonia-September 7 @ BB Kings
Edguy/Into Eternity-September 16 @ BB Kings
Finntroll-September 18 @ Crocodile Rock
Sonata Arctica/Firewind-October 2 @ Trocadero
Cannibal Corpse-October 4 @ Trocadero
Overkill-October 7 @ Trocadero
Paradise Lost/Nightwish-October 13 @ Trocadero
Suffocation-November 15 @ Trocadero
Catamenia-November/December @ ???

Blarg. I have to remember I'm no longer in NYC when I see things like Katatonia at BB Kings and get all excited.

~kov.

Sonata Arctica are also coming here but I'm not going to their gig because I don't like them and I think their music is homosexual, no that there's anything wrong with that.

So I'm wondering around in the downtown of my hometown, see this venue and playing tomorrow are
Since The Flood
Too Pure To Die
Lady Bin Hill
An American Horror Story
Nova Prospect
49 Down
I believe all these groups record for Trustkill Records? Sure, I'll be there.
This venue used to be a Country Bar, with country music cover bands
now from all the flyers plastered on the front of the building it looks as it's a MMM(metal music machine)
Glad I found the place because one on my fav. bands, Byzantine, is playing there next friday -

Just passing by to mention that DT overrocked everything at the Hellfest Open Air in France. They played on Monday, during one of the rare moments of good weather, and Martin and Stanne spent quite much time around in the VIP bar (they were the only artists present to do so btw), being all sweet and available and all :)

The gig was incredibly short (30mn :?), but they played as much as they could, mostly songs from Fiction (Nothing to no one, Terminus, The Lesser Faith, Misery's Crown and Focus Shift), and amongst the others, My Negation, the wonders at your feet, the final resistance, and Punish my Heaven. I think that's it.
Really good atmosphere, people being "into it" more than for the saturday gigs (Amon Amarth, Vader...)

So mostly... I'm pleased :oops:

The gig was incredibly short (30mn :?), but they played as much as they could, mostly songs from Fiction (Nothing to no one, Terminus, The Lesser Faith, Misery's Crown and Focus Shift), and amongst the others, My Negation, the wonders at your feet, the final resistance, and Punish my Heaven. I think that's it.

How did Misery's Crown sound live? I heard some people were expecting it back in Sauna Open Air already, but it wasn't played then. Afterwards I had an interesting discussion with certain members of the band, as they were planning to play it in their next show, but were a little hesitant.

-Villain

Misery's Crown sounded very good to me. Mikael introduced it with a lil' speech explaining it was something they were trying out on stage, quite different from the rest, although, as i said, most of what they played came from Fiction.

It's weird to hear him sing with a clear voice btw. But the whole band was truly behind and smashing everything, singing along and all. The atmosphere was one of the best of the fest during the gig, and although most people weren't expecting Misery's Crown, they started to singalong whatever they could figure the lyrics were :)

Damn, DT gave definitely one of the best shows of the 3 days ! Can't wait to see them again, i'll make sure to invite Stanne for a kebab though, the poor guy only had swedish crowns and couldn't buy anything...

I already gave the setlist, but here it is, i'm not sure about the order though...

Nothing to no one
Terminus
The Lesser Faith
The Wonders at your Feet
My Negation
The Final Resistance
Misery's Crown
Punish my Heaven
Focus Shift

And i checked, it was actually a 40mn set, and my absolute favourite of the whole fest :)

Hodokvas festival on Wednesday and Thursday. Im looking forward to seeing Placebo, NoMeansNo and Machine Head for the first time, plus lots of other great bands. I only hope it wont rain, the forecast looks quite pesimistic.

i'm going to see Trivium, Arch Enemy and Mahcine head on the 31st of october. Arch enemy is the first death metal band that i'm going to see live....so yeh...i'm fukin phsyched.