Concerts

Back from Graspop:

+++ Behemoth. They blew everything else away. They're not among my absolutely favourite bands, but of the 6 times I've seen them, this was by far the best time, tight as hell, and great setlist. Better than the bands that drew me to Graspop.

++ My Dying Bride, great setlist (TLTS!! Vast Choirs! The Whore, the Cook and the Mother!), great sound, and finally the violin again! Only The Cry of Mankind had some ugly mistakes, but ok.

++ Anathema, great as always, great performance. Some questionable choices in the setlist. Sleepless though!

++ Sepultura, tight! It's funny how they play Refuse/Resist and Territory so much better than Max his little band which was headlining the mainstage. It was an absolute disgrace that Sepultura had to play in the MD, I was hardly able to get in.

++ Fear Factory, great sound, great performance, great setlist, great Gene.

++ Katatonia, best gig I've seen them play so far. Much better sound than in Biebob last March, and much tighter. Setlist could have been better.

+ Immortal, average Immortal gig, too many new songs, sound was ok. Very glad they played Withstand the Fall of Time though.

+ Slayer, Chemical Warfare was a nice surprise, didn't do much for me apart from that.

+ Carcass, great, but they should headline Marquee 1, not play the mainstage in the early evening.

- Nile, Terrible sound from where I was standing, that ruined the gig for me.

- Bloodbath, the band that made me decide to go to Graspop, I was so psyched, but I knew I shouldn't expect too much from Bloodbath, and rightly so it seemed. It just wasn't that great, and the sound was too bassy.

- Channel Zero, They didn't live up to their high mainstage spot. It was NOTHING compared to the AB gig.

-- Soulfly. Oh please... Max Cavalera has become so lazy it's not even funny anymore. I know he hasn't been doing much effort on the guitar playing the last 10 years or so, but now he's become lazy at vocals too, sometimes he was just barely mumbling. Seen them play 10 years ago in AB, can't even begin to describe the difference.
I've noticed they'll be playing in Biebob. Never seen any other Graspop headliner do that. Curious huh.

----- Came home in a flooded house. My boiler in the bathroom upstairs has been leaking (not just dripping, I could fill a bucket in 5 minutes). I don't really know what to do (closed down the water main pipes for now), everything is soaked, and I have no electricity. This really really ruined my perfectly fine weekend and mood....

Back from Graspop:

+++ Behemoth. They blew everything else away. They're not among my absolutely favourite bands, but of the 6 times I've seen them, this was by far the best time, tight as hell, and great setlist. Better than the bands that drew me to Graspop.

++ My Dying Bride, great setlist (TLTS!! Vast Choirs! The Whore, the Cook and the Mother!), great sound, and finally the violin again! Only The Cry of Mankind had some ugly mistakes, but ok.

++ Anathema, great as always, great performance. Some questionable choices in the setlist. Sleepless though!

++ Sepultura, tight! It's funny how they play Refuse/Resist and Territory so much better than Max his little band which was headlining the mainstage. It was an absolute disgrace that Sepultura had to play in the MD, I was hardly able to get in.

++ Fear Factory, great sound, great performance, great setlist, great Gene.

++ Katatonia, best gig I've seen them play so far. Much better sound than in Biebob last March, and much tighter. Setlist could have been better.

+ Immortal, average Immortal gig, too many new songs, sound was ok. Very glad they played Withstand the Fall of Time though.

+ Slayer, Chemical Warfare was a nice surprise, didn't do much for me apart from that.

+ Carcass, great, but they should headline Marquee 1, not play the mainstage in the early evening.

- Nile, Terrible sound from where I was standing, that ruined the gig for me.

- Bloodbath, the band that made me decide to go to Graspop, I was so psyched, but I knew I shouldn't expect too much from Bloodbath, and rightly so it seemed. It just wasn't that great, and the sound was too bassy.

- Channel Zero, They didn't live up to their high mainstage spot. It was NOTHING compared to the AB gig.

-- Soulfly. Oh please... Max Cavalera has become so lazy it's not even funny anymore. I know he hasn't been doing much effort on the guitar playing the last 10 years or so, but now he's become lazy at vocals too, sometimes he was just barely mumbling. Seen them play 10 years ago in AB, can't even begin to describe the difference.
I've noticed they'll be playing in Biebob. Never seen any other Graspop headliner do that. Curious huh.

----- Came home in a flooded house. My boiler in the bathroom upstairs has been leaking (not just dripping, I could fill a bucket in 5 minutes). I don't really know what to do (closed down the water main pipes for now), everything is soaked, and I have no electricity. This really really ruined my perfectly fine weekend and mood....

Awesome bands... i still haven' t seen Behemoth, although they are one of my favourite death/black/whatever bands..
Tough on the flood though.. sure hope you have insurance..
Otherwise we have to start a "save Ceruleans house so he can keep making good music for us without interruptions from unworthy earth stuff" saving.

Im going to see My Dying Bride, Unleashed, Apostasy, Carnal Forge, Twisted Sister, Obituary and Sepultura this weekend at Rockweekend.
I would rather go to Getaway Rock Festival though, loads of heavy shit there including Megadeth, Meshuggah, The Crown, Dark Tranquillity, The Haunted, Vader, Torture Division etc, but none of my friends want to go there, and its just a one hour drive away, fucktards. :(

Karnivool killed it live! Definitely one of the very best live bands out of the many hundreds I've seen. Great crowd too.

Karnivool killed it live! Definitely one of the very best live bands out of the many hundreds I've seen. Great crowd too.
Dude! You went to see Karnivool? Thats awesome! I saw them 3 times in a row here a few months back. How did you hear about them in the first place?

35043_410306188719_512428719_449320.jpg

Kenniy's sig on my arm.

Saw Streetlight Manifesto last thuesday. Huge party, but I really can't stand how some people behave while moshing..

On the off chance anyone might like it:

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the Tool Influence on Mauseum and Synops that got me into them. I'm not really a fan of The Butterfly Effect ether, but they do have a smiler fan base here. Its good the see Karnivool braking out of the Australian market. Was the show sold out? Almost every snow they play in oz is sold out.

Not sure but it looked pretty darn packed. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Btw, I sent you a pm.

lead singer was kinda a wannabe maynard i think, but still a very good live band regardless, i might end up buying a cd.
IMG_0322.jpg

His voice is pretty damn different methinks. He goes in the upper register soft falsetto range often, which isn't Maynard's style.