Continued Creativity....

May 21, 2008
So once again, as with the coming of everything past discussed and the future still yet to be pondered let's ask the true question that really lingers on in the mind of the great Mikael Akerfeldt... for how much longer will the creative nature flow and produce original unheard metal sounds unique only to Opeth?

I think his passion will run out long before his creativity does. It's a unique gift to be able to evolve in such a way that doesn't turn off the band's fans.

Watershed was already severely lacking in creativity but he'll still have a great song here and there for a while I'm sure.

I don't think creativity will ever run out. If you have a love and passion for music like Mike does, its hard to just straight up quit making music. I think Mike will be making music his entire life, and its already been shown from their near 20 year history, Opeth hasn't made the same album twice. The good thing about Opeth is, it can continue evolving in different directions and still stay fresh and relevant. The next album could be pure Death Metal if that is what they wanted to do. There are plenty of great long running bands that are still making great music, it all just comes down to the musicians and their passion for their art.

I have a funny vision of like 20 years from now Mike just putting out solo acoustic records and playing small bars. All of his album covers would be him with his acoustic in some badass pose, like sitting on a stool, guitar in hand, with that face he has when he is really into the music. I should make a photoshopeth of my vision, because in my head it is hilarious.

I'm hoping they continue to progress with their music and do something very different next album... like polka disco metal.

next album will be opeth's peak

trust ruun

yea, i kinda have high expectations for the next. the impression i get from listening to watershed and watching interviews is that this is some sort of well watershed lol and maybe some sort of transition cd to something rly awesome.

I have a funny vision of like 20 years from now Mike just putting out solo acoustic records and playing small bars. All of his album covers would be him with his acoustic in some badass pose, like sitting on a stool, guitar in hand, with that face he has when he is really into the music. I should make a photoshopeth of my vision, because in my head it is hilarious.

I see Mike doing solo acoustic albums after he's done with Opeth too. I don't know about the albums covers though lol.

Watershed's pretty much the creative highpoint of Opeth's career so far, so I don't think we have to start worrying about a decline just yet. :)

^ Yea bruv shredding, cheesy lyrics, female vocals, super mario solos, and open E riffs are innovative to teh max \m/ -_- \m/

That's exactly the same thing that happened to the replacement singer for The Misfits (sick 70s Hardcore punk). He's either around town or touring somewhere doing acoustic versions of songs he wrote while in the band along with a few new songs. In addition, he has a few non-acoustic side projects.
I could definitely see Mikael like this.