Controversial opinions on metal

Rabid Death's Curse is easily their worst tbh. It's produced/mixed akwardly and is highly repetitive. It's not a bad album but the stuff that followed is 100x better.

ITNE is a masterpiece. My fav BM album.
Anthems also kicks ass though is not as good as Nightside.
IX also kicks ass. And yes I consider it black metal. Not as good as the first two but still a great cd.
Prometheus is where Emperor begin to lose me... more of a prog metal album than a black metal album and too complex and pretentious for its own good. Still it has some gems on it.

Haha, Prometheus is probably the album I've listened to most. Progressive black metal? Yes please.

Only song on Prometheus that ever clicked with me was Empty, and even then at points it seemed like a clusterfuck of a song too.

Obscura's super-sekrit formula of success consists of watering down their influences, in order to make their music ear-friendly and appealing to people who cannot digest Decrepit Birth or Necrophagist.

Retribution : Watered down Death riffs.

Cosmogenesis : Watered down Death riffs + watered down djent + Gothenburg.

Omnivium : Watered down Death riffs + watered down Morbid Angel riffs + watered down djent + Gothenburg + a shitload of acoustic interludes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You say it's all watered down Death riffs and cite Decrepit Birth as being better than them :lol: :lol: Jesus fuck. Also you're just saying the influences that are in an album, obviously you can pinpoint certain characteristics to an album and band, but it's clear they aren't "just" what you're referring to, and even so, the ability to take all of that and brand it into something that is still new, original and fucking awesome should be apparent.

and Necrophagist doesn't have shit on Obscura anymore, they may have blown away everyone at one point, but the magic is gone and Obscura has taken the place of supreme leader.

I am sorry that you are (quite clearly) deluded, SkeletonWitch. I am not even going to do myself the disservice of offering a serious rebuttal to that.

Obscura's super-sekrit formula of success consists of watering down their influences, in order to make their music ear-friendly and appealing to people who cannot digest Decrepit Birth or Necrophagist.

Omnivium : Watered down Death riffs + watered down Morbid Angel riffs + watered down djent + Gothenburg + a shitload of acoustic interludes.

Or you know, all of those bands suck a massive dick.

When his vocals started to go downhill it made his albums harder for me to listen to... the first four are great though.

Edit:

Maybe controversial?

Testimony of the Ancients > Consuming Impulse

I do enjoy both quite a bit though.

:lol::lol:

has to be the funniest post iv read all day ... word for word, pure fail.

for people who cant digest Decrepit Birth or Necrophagist??? :lol: lmfao!

Testimony of the Ancients > Consuming Impulse
No.