Controversial opinions on metal

I'm not saying I don't like them man, they are really technical with less riffs that actually stand out, with not much groove or catchyness going on, this is my fucking opinion anyway, so blow me.

:lol: oh my fucking god, wow ...

I hope you know that both of those bands are well known for being two of the catchiest, grooviest(especially Gorod) tech-death bands around today. Those two bands dont even focus on being "really technical"(outside of two of the Psycroptic albums). I' dont think i'v ever seen so much fail in such a small post. Makes me actually doubt that you have even listened to these bands outside of a track or two. Listen to any Gorod album or Ob(servant) and then come back and talk to me about catchiness or groove you fucking fool.

I can't say I'd call Portal "tech death" at all either. Portal's just... Portal. Hell "Portal death" should be its own genre now that bands like Mitochondrion and others are trying to follow along.

Opeth is boring, pretentious, terribly unexciting live (minus their banter), and repetitive - EXCEPT for Damnation, which is amazing.

I'm not saying I don't like them man, they are really technical with less riffs that actually stand out, with not much groove or catchyness going on, this is my fucking opinion anyway, so blow me.

If you're looking at early Psycroptic material they're incredibly unique for the genre, and thereby far less boring than the majority of the genre.

Psycroptic is some good shit, would love to see them live.
only problem I have with them is that sometimes it sounds like they recorded on track for guitars. Would love it to be thicker.