Controversial opinions on metal

People that call Testament Metallica clones and snub them as the epitome of mediocre/generic thrash metal, while praising their token post-first wave black/thrash acts, need to die.

Testament fucking rule, though I only like the first two. Anybody that dismisses them should probably have their opinions of thrash metal dismissed in turn.

Black thrash rules.

Low is srsly one of the best groove/post-thrash albums ever. Shit is so damn good, never too chuggy and repetitive, about as diverse as you could hope from the style.

Reactions: suckerleaf
Not sure how controversial this is, but the talk about US black metal in the Mixtape game reminded me:

Havohej's Dethrone the Son of God is one of those cult black metal albums that I've never really got. Maybe I should revisit it.

Last edited:
I don't think enough people like that album for it to be controversial, but I think the first half is a little stronger. There's only three songs I'd call good, and Malpractice is the only one in the second half. Love to Hate is one of their least inspired songs ever as well imo.

I will say that it's still a better album than PWYP, to be controversial.

I don't know. I think "Malpractice", "The Legacy", and "Seven Days of May" are better than "Face in the Sky", "Souls of Black", or "Love to Hate".

All the California hipsters hold them down pretty hard man.

Let's get this straight for once.

Hipster:
EHH4t0c.jpg

Not fucking hipster:
odlZlJ8.png

You could have just straight-up criticized people ragging on Testament, without needing to bring your insecurity about black metal into it. :lol: That's my point.

I bet you twenty bucks you can't go 50 posts without mentioning black metal (well, if I had twenty bucks I'd bet you twenty bucks anyways. But point stands).

The real bet should be 50 posts without trying to force his opinions on anyone because they are an "in-crowd" member. He probably can't make it 10, since that's basically all he posts about anymore.