Controversial opinions on metal

i swear hbb praises nearly every BM song thats been submitted in the games so far (i know he's given two of mine 8+ ratings). not sure there are many people on here who are valid targets for this particular crusade. although enough seem to get riled into debating it with him so maybe it doesn't matter

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
I guess that's understandable. I live between Philly and NYC, so I actually have a pretty good location for going to shows. Ive been to hundreds of shows, and I imagined that most people here would have as well.

@Elric of Melniboné - It really depends. I have been disappointed by live shows compared with recorded material as well. Most metal bands (that arent big acts) are usually just mediocre live, so a lot of the times the recordings are even better than the show. The biggest shocker ive ever seen live was probably Primus. They are just some stupid joke funk-rock on cd, but they jam out live and far exceeded my expectations when I saw them. The festival atmosphere and the copious sharing of marijuana probably added to my enjoyment, but they were still an exceptional live band.

Im not saying that seeing Gojira live will automatically make you a convert or anything, because if you cant stand djent or metalcore type stuff in any capacity then I still wont expect you to enjoy it, but I just found them to be a whole lot more exciting live than on cd. I used to be more of a fan than I am now (cant listen to their cds anymore cause I find it boring), so ymmv of course.

Yeah only live show I recall going to was Motley Crue with the Scorpions as the opening act. I was way too young to appreciate it at the time though and had my Aunt take me out because the music hurt my ears. Cant remember how old i was though. But yeah ive never been able to go to many live shows.

i swear hbb praises nearly every BM song thats been submitted in the games so far (i know he's given two of mine 8+ ratings). not sure there are many people on here who are valid targets for this particular crusade. although enough seem to get riled into debating it with him so maybe it doesn't matter

There is good black metal posted in those threads, I'm just sayin that people acting like Gojira or metalcore in general engages in the lowest form of riffcraft need to get woke and realize how much worse it can be.

"Wahwah shitty riffs and shit production, so ballless"

*puts on Solitary Emofuhrer's fifteenth album, Crying Cold Depressive Tears of Bittersweet Nocturnal Sorrows*

"Ahhh now that really hits the spot"
I didn't mention production at all. I just said that for a band that tries so hard to be heavy/"crushing", or have intriguing riffs/songwriting, said riffs/songwriting is ball-less and sucks dick.

DSBM does not try to be "heavy", or have riffs, it is deliberately straight-up chordy stuff, and unlike Gayjira is quite upfront about what it is; so yeah you're a retard, smoke pole in hell, yada yada yada.

Last edited:
I didn't mention production at all. I just said that for a band that tries so hard to be heavy/"crushing", or have intriguing riffs/songwriting, said riffs/songwriting is ball-less and sucks dick.

DSBM does not try to be "heavy", or have riffs, it is deliberately straight-up chordy stuff, and unlike Gayjira is quite upfront about what it is; so yeah you're a retard, smoke pole in hell, yada yada yada.

What is Gojira straight-up about? What do you think their musical intent is?

They seem like a pretty boring band from the songs that I've heard.

I saw two young guys in a music store wearing Ghost shirts, black skinny jeans, ugly Converse sneakers and hats like this one.

bsi_gits138.gif

They were talking about some album that had just come out and they tried to talk to me because I was wearing a Sad Wings of Destiny shirt but I just walked past them because they were boring and I don't like talking to teenagers.

Reactions: EchoForever
I've always kinda liked Ghost. It's amazing the way they've exploded though, I find it hard to believe I can hear them on radio rock stations.

I remember most people liking Ghost's first album, their hate came after their popularity boom and some of the ridiculous shit on their second album. Metalheads are moody, fickle creatures, ov corpse.

Inb4youallhatedGhostfromthefirstalbum

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
I only became aware of them in 2013 or so. They don't seem to capture the magic of older bands that inspired their music but I haven't heard a full album.