Controversial opinions on metal

What do you think about Symbolic and ITP? are those death metal?

While ITP and Symbolic show a more progressive style, they still retain an agressiveness characteristic of Death Metal. TSOP on the other hand, and taking in consideration that most of the songs were meant to be Control Denied songs, does not sound that much like Death Metal, at least for me.

Of course, that doesn't take away that Scavenger of Human Sorrow is one hell of a heavy starter, and the Painkiller cover is just magnificent.

Ozzy Osbourne has said many times that he dosent consider Black Sabbath to be a Heavy Metal band, he has said many times he considers them `Heavy Rock`.

Ozzy Osbourne has said many times that he dosent consider Black Sabbath to be a Heavy Metal band, he has said many times he considers them `Heavy Rock`.

He clearly identifies with the metal scene. I think him and Tony Iommi are just too humble to admit to creating a genre of music

A Hotel owner once walked up a flight of stairs towards the floor above, and upon reaching the halfway turn towards the top, she saw Ozzy squatting down, face towards her, with his pants around his ankles, having a shít onto the landing carpet. She stared at him, speechless, as Ozzy held up his Hotel room door keys towards her and said ` Its OK I am a resident `.
It is quality stories like these that brightens up ones mundane moments in dystopian cities around the world. It is why I always bought magazines with Ozzy interviews in them, forget the music, we want the filth.

In so far as music, there is no such thing as the truth, only the individuals own subjective perception. However in rock music, we are all but Slaves to the one with Horns.

I doubt Bobby Liebling refers to his band as doom metal, progenitors of a genre rarely identify with the genre.

I wonder if he is still in the gulag for beating his decrepit mother. What a crazy guy.

While ITP and Symbolic show a more progressive style, they still retain an agressiveness characteristic of Death Metal. TSOP on the other hand, and taking in consideration that most of the songs were meant to be Control Denied songs, does not sound that much like Death Metal, at least for me.

Of course, that doesn't take away that Scavenger of Human Sorrow is one hell of a heavy starter, and the Painkiller cover is just magnificent.
TSOP is not really much different than Symbolic. It's a bit more progressive and more melodic but the songwriting in terms of structure and harmonic/melodic approach is pretty much the same.

it was just a contrived human interest story, had no interest in the actual music at all (which i suspect was as much a product of bobby's demons as it was impeded by them). the anvil doc was a bit better, which is a shame 'cause they weren't fit to lick pentagram's boots IMO

iirc the sticker on the actual DVD (because yeah I bought it upon release like a cuck) said that the profits went to Bobby's treatment or some shit, so I was pretty much expecting it to be a largely human interest doc. What I didn't expect was the shitty quality and the shitty narrative. I know he's like a C list metal celebrity but fucking hell, it was basically a douche in his nerd car fapping about how he personally knows one of his idols, meanwhile the idol is creeping on young bitches and leeching off everybody around him.

The moment when he meets Phil Anselmo was so awkward too, I guarantee a shitload of footage was cut for the doc to make it seem like Phil and Bobby got along better.

no metal but fuck it ....

do you really think he was a pedo? I never looked into it much. I just thought he was one of those guys who liked kids and maybe people were just trying to make some cash off of his name.

Actually over the years I've become very skeptical about all the accusations, but at the same time a part of me wonders why such a specific accusation against someone who was renowned for being tight with the ladies and as Kat Williams said "If someone says you've been smoking crack for 40 years straight, bitch you are smoking crack."

It's just hard not to be suspicious when pedophilia is such an earth-shatteringly disgusting crime.

how do you feel about the idea of him, say, sleeping in the same bed as these kids, maybe naked, maybe even cuddling, but with no sexual activity or motivation? it's hard not to feel uncomfortable about that kind of thing, but legally it's kind of a grey area. he seemed to have the mindset of a child for the most part, but then again a number of convicted pedophiles do as well.