COUNTRIES...

Naglfar said:
There are good American bands!

There's November's Doom, and Death... but Chuck's dead, so I guess that leaves November's Doom! And... erm... I think that's about it. =/

Machine Head and Fear Factory were promising, but they went off the deep end after very strong early releases. I guess the mid 1990s really sucked the soul out of American heavey metal.

Both Machine Head and Fear Factory can be directly attributed to their choice to no longer work with Colin Richardson. Their early success was directly impacted by Richardson's sound and what he was able to do to help create a sound for both bands. Did you notice that both bands started to suck after not recording with him anymore?

paradoxile said:
Israeli bands:
Orphaned Land-who are defined as Oriental Progressive Death Metal were signed earlier to Holy records released two albums by the names of "Sahara" and "El Norra Alila" in 94 and 96
and several songs in the "Holy Bible Vol. 1,2&3" compilations together with

BUMP!

I just listened to OL for the first time.

:OMG:

Let me say that again....

:OMG:

I'm sitting here behind my screen, in awe... this is some stellar stuff!!!!

What is the story behind Mabool?

mmmm... Ok Chilean Bands...

COPROFAGO (THRASH/JAZZ)
CRIMINAL (THRASH)
SADISM (DEATH METAL)
TOTTEN KORPS (DEATH METAL)
MELEKTAUS (BRUTAL DEATH METAL... THE CHILEANS "NILE")
MAR DE GRISES (DOOM)
POEMA ARCANUS (DOOM)
TORTURER (DEATH/THRASH)
FORKED (GRIND DEATH)
DEFACING (GRIND DEATH)
DOGMA (THRASH)

ETC, ETC, ETC...

There is a really good band from Martins Ferry, Ohio called Angelrust (death\black metal with some Opethy clean vocals & great solos)...

Angelrust or Angelrust on Myspace (I recomend Night's Closing In, it's the only song on the Pale Portrait ep)

I searched myspace and this is what came up... I don't have the time or energy to make this kind of shit up...

myspace.jpg

Seosamh said:
You have forgotten bands like Dream Theater, Kamelot, Symphony X, System of A Down, Metallica or Megadeth, for The USA

Agalloch, Subterranean Masquerade....

Aren't SOAD from Armenia?

SOAD are all of Armenian ethnicity and are Americans... Only shavo (the bassist) was actually born in Armenia(and he probably speaks russian too)...Serj(vocals) and John(Drums)were born in Lebannon and Daron(the guitarist) was born in Hollywood California.

wikipedia yay!!!

paradoxile said:
Any good Russian or Ukrainian metal out there?
I know "act of god"- they're opera death metal they're nice but not my cup of tea.
I know also "Korozia Metalla" which I thought were pretty good untill I figured out they're Nazis...You just can't go wrong with a song called "White Power".

Born in the soviet union and don't know any russian bands...that's shameful!

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56075

..and korrozia is the worst shit ever :puke: :puke: :puke:

Good bands from Spain:

GOLGOTHA (Gothic-Doom)
CONTINUO RENACER (Prog-Death)
AVULSED (Death)
FATAL PORTRAIT (Black)
CRYSTALMOORS (Pagan Black)
IMPERFECTUS BULTUS (Avant)
GATHERING DARKNESS (Brutal-Death)

Well i know some bands ta arent mentioned here and there are some otehr stuff i would like to quotate but im so lazy haha..

As for the mexican bands well there are a lot of great bands believe me the problem is that there are no promotion for this kind of music in mexico...

Cenotaph - Epic rites ( im talking about the mexican Cenotaph and although i
only like this album i think is awesome)

As for more underground acts i would recomend one named "tainted sun"

Regarding the U.S bands well it all depends on taste, i will always say that NEVERMORE rule.. they are awesome in every way, and wel i grew up hearing Metallica and Megadeth, ( i still listen to what Mustaine has to say these days), and well needless to say Death is the prime Death metal band of all history, the problemis that everyone here have different points of view so what im going to do is list some bands that i recall they ar egood and that i havent seen them listed here..

Rain fell within ( U.S. Although i believ they are disbanded)

On thorns i lay ( Greece - The orama period is amazing)

Extol ( Norway .- im sure you must know this one)

Bablylon whores ( Finland - Pretty well known but underrated? judge yourselves)

Darzamat ( poland - i love the first releases now they are very popular over there, but listen to the stuff before they changed the female singer, they just have this atmosphere that i havent felt anywhere else.)

Enter the hunt (Sweden - i dont know how many guys outside sweden know about this band but im so glad to have friends over there, this is my recent fave band... ( lol and they havent released an album yet, but be aware be very aware trust me ..:D )

well ill leave this thread by saying that there are thousands of great bands unsigned out there so you never know when one of those band syou saw in a crappy bar will get big ;).

Contrary to the popular belief of some folks residing OUTSIDE this country, the U.S. has some great bands. We also have some shitty bands, too. It's not much different than anywhere else in the world. ;-)

One band that I'm very proud to say hails from the U.S. is Dream Theater. They blow the doors off every other band on the planet regardless of where they come from. :D :p

wildfyr said:
Contrary to the popular belief of some folks residing OUTSIDE this country, the U.S. has some great bands. We also have some shitty bands, too. It's not much different than anywhere else in the world. ;-)

One band that I'm very proud to say hails from the U.S. is Dream Theater. They blow the doors off every other band on the planet regardless of where they come from. :D :p

Dream Theater is pretty overrated..