Cover tunes by SymX?

Lady of the Oracle said:
Anyone who joins the fan club gets a copy..it's one of the perks of being a fan club member, sort of a special incentive to join.
That I understand, however, I find it odd that the band would release something that is available only to a limited amount of people, thus making it unaccesible to "mere mortals".

Avathar said:
and how can i join it? i've always wanted to do that....

An announcement will be posted here when the fan club is ready to go..should be about a month from now. :)

Dado-x said:
That I understand, however, I find it odd that the band would release something that is available only to a limited amount of people, thus making it unaccesible to "mere mortals".

It's actually very common practice, many bands release exclusive cds to their fan club members, Dream Theater being only one of them.

I have to keep thinking about this one but I do have a couple of requests:

Boston: Smokin' (ever since Jason told me they do this song I have been dying to hear them do it:D)

Badlands: Soul Stealer ( Russ likes these guys and I know he would be awesome singing it, Plus Rullo's GOTTA redo those terrible drums.yuck! That guy cannot play!)

I would love to hear them redo any of the songs they grew up listening too. Maybe have them pick one each (or more:p) And list who's choice it was.
But when I think of more i'll list them..

Thanx Lady
bowdown.gif

oh man, they have to HAVE TO do these two songs:

Cemetary Gates - Pantera (Russell would KILL on this)

Savage - Cacophony (hearing Romeo and Pinella cover Becker and Friedman's duels on that would be amazing).

Those are the only two songs Ive ever wanted to hear them cover, so....*crosses fingers* :D

How about...

"Fountain of Salmacis" by Genesis
"The Musical Box" by Genesis
"The Return of the Giant Hogweed" by Genesis
"See Emily Play" by Pink Floyd
"Remember a Day" by Pink Floyd
"Song for America" by Kansas

...That's all I can think of off-hand right now. If I think of any more, I'll post 'em! :cool:

King Diamond - Welcome Home
and / or
Mercyful Fate - Dead Again (cuz its sorta symphonic)

Cradle of Filth - She Mourns a Lengthening Shadow (instrumental)

Some kinda John Williams Medly - Star Wars, ET, Superman, etc...

If they're gonna do Genesis, its gotta be Tonight, Tonight, Tonight, I can hear Russel "I'm comin down, comin down like a Monkey! But it's all right!"

I'll second the Trogdor by Strong Bad request.

Judas Priest - Painkiller, see if they can topple Death's cover of that one

Judas Priest - Exciter

Rush - Subdivisions

YJM - Heaven Tonight or Teaser

A Video Game Medly - Castlevania, Metroid, Megaman, Ninja Gaiden, etc or more Modern - Diablo, Starcraft, etc.

Bon Jovi - Bad Medicine

Megadeth - Last Rites / Loved to Deth

Metal Church - The Hitman

and last but, yeah, well I guess least too

Tupac - My Last Wordz

Aerosmith - Dream On / Kings And Queens
Rush - Fly By Night
Pink Floyd - Breathe / Wish You Were Here / Comfortably Numb / In The Flesh / Run Like Hell
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name / Afraid To Shoot Strangers / The Clansman
Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley
Deep Purple - Burn
Kiss - God Of Thunder
Angra - Lisbon
Led Zeppelin - Rock And Roll / Going To California

Helloween - Twilight Of The Gods (it'll be very interesting to hear that one)
Judas Priest - Blood Red Skies (such an underrated song, it's not even funny!)
Ozzy - Desire (|,,|,)
Kiss - Psycho Circus
Alice Cooper - Feed My Frankenstein
Billy Idol - Speed
JYM - I'll See The Light, Tonight (amen!)
Black Sabbath - Voodoo

...and last but not least, to continue the fashion:
Cannibal Corpse - Fucked With A Knife
...and...
Benediction - The Grotesque

I'd like to hear covers of songs that inspired the band. Would be kinda dumb to hear them play stuff they don't listen to just because some guy listens to death, right? Unless they listen to it also of course, but I pray they don't.

Me just want one thing: good mix between different styles in music. Then me would be a very happy person.

The first thing I'd like to see them do is a Metal version of the Star Wars Main Title. :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

John Williams is one of Romeos Classical influences. One of mine too.