Cradle of Filth

VadimVon said:
I'm not gonna be the disrespectful prick to offend you with a brash statement like a few of these assholes, for everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, my friend, you must be absolutely insane to rate Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk with such disregard - it is a true black metal masterpiece. The only reason I'm even concerning myself with a response to your thread is the fact that you must appreciate good musicianship - Pastorius was a true bass genius. There are things on Welkin that are hiding inside the mix, and maybe you need a couple of more listens before you disregard this album.
As for Cradle of Filth, I do not even understand how anyone would consider this band to be black metal. They may have been close to black metal around the time of Principle, may have recorded a couple of decently produced albums like Dusk and Cruelty, even wore leather and facepaint, but Cradle of Filth is still a revolving door of decent hired musicians led by a guy who will never in a million years earn the respect of the underground metal community no matter how much he may think of himself. Dani "Filth" doesn't know how to play a single musical instrument, cannot maintain a lineup for the fact of being a little self-centered prick (and I've actually encountered this), and, though having a skilled educated command of English language and grammar due to his parents being wealthy and putting him through a number of tight-assed schooling institutions, he does not seem to have come up with a single original concept besides the redundant Bram Stokerisms throughout his entire career. I can't believe the way that little poser did Stuart and Nick, the two guys responsible for Dusk and Cruelty being a couple of decent musical efforts. And that is why this "band" simply loses more and more direction with every new album since then, because for a number of years now COF has been just a company ran by a whiny little brat from a rich family name who at this point just wants to be Marilyn Manson.
...Why couldn't Dani get shot instead of Dime?

Wow. I actually agree with most of what you say here. It's exactly because of the revolving door line-up that Cradle has lost so much ground. Had they kept Robin, Gian, Stuart, Lector and Nick they would most likely still be excellent.

Thoth-Amon said:
Wrong. Anthems is excellent.

i like the atmosphere on that album but found the later to more interesting to listen to if not necessarily better. immortal>emperor..just felt like throwing that in.

Cof are good-ish, i.m.o.

I can see where the hate comes from, but the bottom line for me is that the music and lyrics rule.

On Judge Dredd: The film was the single WORST adaptation of a comic book ever, pending the Watchmen film ever being made.

Dani sings like a bird but looks like a catfish.... somethings not right.

Dani 'birdfish' filth.

Anthems has its good and bad moments, it's all about taste. But liking Cradle of Filth? That just automatically makes your opinion in any music-related conversation invalid on all accounts.