Cradle of Filth

Hahahaha, you seriously think there is no connection? You fucking moron.

Even Cythraul can explain it to you, as he knows metal well.

You keep grasping at straws and they keep pulling them away. Fucking stop. PLEASE. For your sake. You're humiliating yourself with your lack of understanding.

Necra, get in the van. I've got candy.

vanfreecandy24te.jpg

@Cythraul:
I guess my original post assumes that DM riffs and BM riffs are on the opposite end of some spectrum, which obviously isn't the case. I was embellishing a bit by saying that Anthems is closer to DM. I made that point pretty much to express that Anthems is not a "true" black metal album. I don't know which camp you're in on that issue, but I'm sure that you can agree that album doesn't share too many similarities with the other BM standards from a few years previous. Some of the songs (Loss and Curse of Reverence) are more typical of previous BM material, but others (Thus Spake the Nightsprit) rely on more complex phrasing and non-repetitive riffs. This isn't too typical of much of the early BM I've heard. If I've missed a lot of that stuff, then I'll take your word for it. Don't take me for an idiot, please.

Servio_Abbas_Bellum said:
Well what the hell would you rather read then? Cannibal Corpse's lyrics? Antrhax? Name me one guy who writes better in Metal. There simply is none, no one makes those kind of rhyme schemes, and no one comes up with those types of stories, no one uses that type of archaic vocabulary. It's that simple is the best writer hands down. You may not approve of his vocal style, but to criticize his writing is hypocritical considering what their critics listen too.

Martin Walkyier. That's one. I could go on...

I love how these things always turn into a big debate over who's OPINION is right. It reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes of all time....

"How can it be bullshit to state a preference?!?!?"

MasterOLightning said:
@Cythraul:
I guess my original post assumes that DM riffs and BM riffs are on the opposite end of some spectrum, which obviously isn't the case. I was embellishing a bit by saying that Anthems is closer to DM. I made that point pretty much to express that Anthems is not a "true" black metal album. I don't know which camp you're in on that issue, but I'm sure that you can agree that album doesn't share too many similarities with the other BM standards from a few years previous. Some of the songs (Loss and Curse of Reverence) are more typical of previous BM material, but others (Thus Spake the Nightsprit) rely on more complex phrasing and non-repetitive riffs. This isn't too typical of much of the early BM I've heard. If I've missed a lot of that stuff, then I'll take your word for it. Don't take me for an idiot, please.

Okay I can see where you're coming from. :wave:

plaguewilder said:
I love how these things always turn into a big debate over who's OPINION is right. It reminds me of one of my favorite movie quotes of all time....

"How can it be bullshit to state a preference?!?!?"

You obviously don't know the difference between opinion and fact.

Heh heh, to anybody confused as to my seriousness, I think you should take it a bit lighter.

I actually expected somebody to agree with me with the rock relation thing,