CROWNLESS SINGLE FOR YOU TO PRACTICE

Welcome guys, i´m glad you liked it!

colonel_claypoo: Thanx man, but it has just been recorded with an electric kit. The sounds triggered out of it are Superior Drummer. : - P

wow cause it sounds really dynamic with ghost notes on the snare and everything. can you share which sounds were used for shells and cymbals?
oh and what was the e-kit used?

thanks.

Hi,

I'm only getting about 52 tracks. When you guys mention 76 tracks, are you including the stereo tracks as two?

This question is a shot in the dark because my UnRar log is stating errors on some tracks, then it stops unpacking the rest of the tracks, anybody else getting this? I've unpacked them a few times, in order, in different folders on different Hard drives and getting the same errors:

Cannot find volume /Users/macuser/Downloads/01-lost_export.part03_10e710.rar
Lost EXPORT/Vocals/18-Reversed-consolidated-111114_2002.wav - CRC failed
Total errors: 2

I will download them again, this time on My PC, to see if it was a download error but any suggestions on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

Prob won't get around to mixing this, but just wanted to say the song is bad ass. IMO better than what Lacuna Coil has been putting out the last two records.... Great Job!

Here is my attempt. I'm a bit rusty but I am happy with this :D Really sick song to work with!

The drums were pretty spot on too, but I swapped out the kick for something punchier. Guitars were done with Guitar Rig 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic song! Thanks for sharing the tracks.
25 minute mix attempt, could use much more work. Got only as far as the basic few tracks. Keyboard player must have missed the flight on this version... Really impressed with the drummer, super tight playing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64586073/Crownless_ Lost Inside_Bare mix.wma

All the additional parts/tracks will make it more interesting, might try again later to complete this. The Guitar chains are: Greengate/Legion/Guitar hack JJ edge impulse.

Thanx to you all guys! Interesting remixes, keep going.

Im glad that most of you are liking the song :)

Just think how Fredrik Nordstrom must've felt when he was mixing Dimmu Borgir's In Sorte Diaboli. 90+ tracks total for each song. Talk about a lot of bussing!

The song's sweet but it's too bad you guys used a female on the song. Female vox just don't mix well with metal, imo.

A lot of bussing indeed... But if you take the last track of our cd it´s a 13 min. song with 179 tracks in it! So... well, yeah, i´m used to lots of bussing :p

About female voices in metal, well, it is nothing more and nothing less than a matter of tastes. You might say "French horns doesnt mix well with metal music" well, you just stating your preferences nothing else. I do like both male and female vioces in metal, my decisions on if i like a voice or not are made up based in the timbre of the singer rather than on his/her gender.

wow cause it sounds really dynamic with ghost notes on the snare and everything. can you share which sounds were used for shells and cymbals?
oh and what was the e-kit used?

thanks.

Sure.

The E-kit used is: http://www.thomann.de/es/millenium_mps100_edrum_starter_set.htm

SD2 Library is N.Y. - Avatar mixed with The metal Foundry

N.Y. - Avatar:

Kick: 18x22" Gms
Snare: 14" Rogers Wood
Toms: Standard set with coated heads

The metal Foundry:

HH and cymbals basic set

what vst did you use for the orchestrations?

Edirol Orchestral and Miroslav Philarmonik

We will update this mix as we work through it

Youtube video showing the Amps we are using in the above Tracking mix

Jorge sending you an Message in PM Brother :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy11MvtPDlk&hd=1

S1770

Cool!

Hi,

I'm only getting about 52 tracks. When you guys mention 76 tracks, are you including the stereo tracks as two?

This question is a shot in the dark because my UnRar log is stating errors on some tracks, then it stops unpacking the rest of the tracks, anybody else getting this? I've unpacked them a few times, in order, in different folders on different Hard drives and getting the same errors:

Cannot find volume /Users/macuser/Downloads/01-lost_export.part03_10e710.rar
Lost EXPORT/Vocals/18-Reversed-consolidated-111114_2002.wav - CRC failed
Total errors: 2

I will download them again, this time on My PC, to see if it was a download error but any suggestions on this would be helpful.

Thanks.

I really havent counted the tracks in this song at all.

Does anyone have this problem when unzipping the files? If you countinue experimenting problems tell me and i´ll try to help.

[/QUOTE]I really havent counted the tracks in this song at all.

Does anyone have this problem when unzipping the files? If you countinue experimenting problems tell me and i´ll try to help.[/QUOTE]

Sorted this out no thank you, I transfered the files onto my PC and unpacked it there. It gave me 79 tracks! Can't wait to get going.

my attemp
man this was difficult! Awesome song, thanks for sharing :D

heres my try:

thanks a lot for the raw-tracks! this was a very good exercise, i've spent countless hours on this one... ;)