cthulu's top...several...of 2005

haven't we had klabautamann discussed here before already? i know i've heard of them somewhere. maybe someone from GMD's top-whatever list.

cthulufhtagn... cool list. You certainly have some eclectic tastes.

JayKeeley said:
klabautamann?? Never even heard of it! Has this been discussed? Anyway, you've got it lined up in your recommendation so that's cool.
I was talking up "Der Ort" on Saturday night. I looked for it on the jukebox, but they didn't have it. Klabautamann has taken a huge step forward on this disc. Easily their grimmest work evar.

Zod

cthulufhtagn said:
dungen_-_ta_det_lugnt.jpg

#1 non-metal album: dungen - ta det lugnt
trippy prog inventiveness, catchy hooks, vintage psychadelia--this album is fucking awesome...pick it up soon, the hipster community is already starting to catch on :Smug:
Haha, I think the hipster community has more or less caught on:loco: . And I thought this came out in 2004?o_O Either way it's a great album and I'm glad to see it mentioned on a board like this.

Claws of Perdition said:
Thats my Favourite Xasthur by the way, love that album.
i think mine's telepathic with the deceased, all his stuff is good though. i've been digging the leviathan split recently.

@joselito: well ok i fudged a little, it did come out originally in 2004 but the 2-disc edition was released august '05 and it has 5 bonus tracks that really kick ass that weren't on the original...so i'll count it.

Are the 5 bonus tracks on a seperate disc or are they all on one cd? ALSO; how much ass do they kick, worth a re-purchase? I'm a big fan of that cd because it'd make my top ten in both '04 and '05.

cthulufhtagn said:
i think mine's telepathic with the deceased, all his stuff is good though. i've been digging the leviathan split recently.

I recently bought Leviathan - The tenth sub level of Suicide, cant get into it like i can with xasthur not sure why.

I really like the overall sound and production of To Violate the Oblivious over the others.

joselito said:
Are the 5 bonus tracks on a seperate disc or are they all on one cd? ALSO; how much ass do they kick, worth a re-purchase? I'm a big fan of that cd because it'd make my top ten in both '04 and '05.
seperate bonus disc for the extra tracks...they are definitely not just b-side scratch takes; they're definitely up to par with the rest of the album. imo a couple (tyst minut, jamna plagor) are up there with the best songs on the album (panda, festival, title track). i really hate it when record companies re-release cd's like this one with bonus tracks, instead of offering a new 5-song ep or simply including the songs in the first place, had they been available. i guess you have to ask yourself if you're willing to essentially pay $14 for a 5-song bonus disc, which i would not be for any band tbh.

i will, however, do you a favor and post a couple of those songs later on. :wave:

Claws of Perdition said:
I recently bought Leviathan - The tenth sub level of Suicide, cant get into it like i can with xasthur not sure why.
that was possibly the first depressive/suicidal/us-bm album i got, i for sure dig it, but i think tentacles of whorror is the better leviathan album, it has a more distinctive sound and some really killer tunes :kickass:

I'll have to agree, Tentacles is the better album. I've heard nearly all of the Dungen album, I don't like it as much as some of the self-absorbed hipsters, but still very cool, especially considering it's one guy doing almost everything...who said retro-psych and suicidal BM have nothing in common? :)

Tentacles of Whorror is definitely a good level above its predecessor and my favourite Xasthur so far has to be "Nocturnal Poisoning". I'm 100% tuned to what these guys have in store for us in the coming year(s).

Anyone knows if further Twilight material is on the agenda?

I listened to those two Kerblakistan mp3s, impressive stuff, pretty unique. Where can this be purchased, just in case I ever decide I want it?

cthulufhtagn said:
that was possibly the first depressive/suicidal/us-bm album i got, i for sure dig it, but i think tentacles of whorror is the better leviathan album, it has a more distinctive sound and some really killer tunes :kickass:

I really need to check out some of the early USBM bands.

i was gonna try and derail this cthulu thread but i gotta go to bed.
maybe next time