Damage Done, Haven & Projector 2009 Re-issue ??

Well, I don't think you pay more than 50% of your income in taxes :)

My Haven CD disappeared misteriously years ago, and Damage Done (I bought it on the US release date - 7 years ago, dude!) and Character were outplayed during numerous road trips, so re-issues are timely.

Haha that's true.

Well there's no Character reissue, so maybe buying the German digi-pack would be a good choice.

Well there's no Character reissue, so maybe buying the German digi-pack would be a good choice.

It's kinda early to have it anyway (re-issue of Character), but the original is quite scratched, and digipack version is buried under piles of stuff somewhere =)

So the 3-track promo has never been released before?

As far as I know, not officially, but I do have a bootleg of that promo somewhere. Still, it's great to be able to finally buy a proper release of it.

And I spotted "Manifesto" at a music-store in Oulu a week ago.

-Villain

Hm, three awesome songs, sounds good.

My CDs have barely any scratches since the first thing I always do is convert it to .flac files and then listen to it on the computer. The good audio system and headphones are there and my CD player is horrible.

So the 3-track promo has never been released before?

No, it was never an official release. We duplicated it on regular cassettes and sent away maybe 5 of those to some labels that we were negotiating with at the time, plus an additional 5 or something to tapetrading friends.

The songs are "Punish...", "Away, delight, away" and "The gallery".

Ah OK thanks for the info! Are the versions of "PMH" and "TG" different from the album? Will it be a digi or a normal jewel case?

Yeah, and do some catalogization or something - I don't remember what movies/albums/games for which platform I have =D

Haha you rich bastard. Just kidding, you should do that, that happens to me, I get so much stuff that I never get to play/listen to some. I still haven't watched my AC/DC DVD "Plug Me In," amongst many other things :ill: .

Hm, three awesome songs, sounds good.

My CDs have barely any scratches since the first thing I always do is convert it to .flac files and then listen to it on the computer. The good audio system and headphones are there and my CD player is horrible.

Ah yeah me too, I don't convert them to .flac because I don't have enough space in my computer, but I'll buy the 1TB hard-drive soon. I usually convert them to 320kbps.

Hey thanks for posting the link! Though I admit the CDs are much more expensive than expected :ill: . €56 (US$73.05. CA$88.62) in total! Ah and I wanted to buy the shirts at the store! Damn!!! I'll have to again abuse of the kindness of my good ol' German friend Solefald :Smug: .

Thank you Zami.

So the song on Projector, about half of Yesterworlds and the bonus live songs are everything I lack right now. The live songs will be on the DVD so it looks like I will buy the Projector reissue (it is my favorite album anyways so a second cd won't hurt), Yesterworlds and the DVD.

@ Niklas: How much will the sound quality of the original releases and the remastered ones differ? How extensive and different will be the artwork/booklet?

@ Niklas: How much will the sound quality of the original releases and the remastered ones differ? How extensive and different will be the artwork/booklet?
I haven't heard the remasters yet, so I can't say. But it's a fair bet that at they'll have a bit more punch than the originals. Especially "Haven" could benefit from this.

The re-issues will have completely re-made slipcase packaging, 16 page booklets with liner notes (yes, more extensive than those on "Fiction" - we listen to your complaints ;-)) and so forth. Some new photos, in the cases where we could find decent ones from the right time period.

"Yesterworlds" will be in a kind of slimcase package...a bit hard to explain, but it looks good. :p

Wow, that was fast, thank you for the answer.

Sounds great, maybe I will have to get all of the reissues afterall.

My trusted music shop seems to have the tracklistings for these releases;

http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/dark_tranquillity/

There seems to be a previously unreleased song from the Projector era, "Asleep in the Bandaged Light"!!! o_O

Thanks for posting this, I can't wait to listen to the new song!

This will definitely be a very DT year!!! :)

I haven't heard the remasters yet, so I can't say. But it's a fair bet that at they'll have a bit more punch than the originals. Especially "Haven" could benefit from this.

The re-issues will have completely re-made slipcase packaging, 16 page booklets with liner notes (yes, more extensive than those on "Fiction" - we listen to your complaints ;-)) and so forth. Some new photos, in the cases where we could find decent ones from the right time period.

"Yesterworlds" will be in a kind of slimcase package...a bit hard to explain, but it looks good. :p

Har har I'm glad you read the comments and actually find solutions to the problems. Some bands read the comments but don't give a damn.

Ah well what can I do? I'll buy all the re-issues, it looks like they're more than worth it (especially with the liner notes). And they're slipcase, I would've preferred digis (cutting budget there CM?), but they're still nice.

So is the new DVD called "Where Death Is Most Alive" Niklas?

Quite the original title, even though it's based on a previous song :p. Maybe a different one would have been nicer. (Thanks for the info Zach.Zhang!)