damn i'm drunk -- the thread

^hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha indeed, I remember you posting about it soon afterwards

ambien is a helluva drug.

ive done all kinds of dumb shit on that stuff. if you dont go to bed right away, fuggedaboudit. At the least, you're guaranteed to raid the cabinets before bed and probably not remember.

ill never forget the time i accidentally took an ambien instead of paxil and proceeded to travel 45 minutes north of my destination in highway traffic. I SWORE I was in an actual video game. Two accidents that night. Rear ender on the highway, then later that night after some alcohol mixing, flipped my car right the fuck over, air born, tearing up the full gas tank and the whole nine yards. A cop came running up to me saying "How the fuck did you do that?!" I'm lucky I didnt get tested and came away with a tiny nick on my wrist after, suspended upside-down, unbuckling my seatbelt to fall on the ground.

this puts all my years of drug use, debauchery, and general fuckin' around into perspective right here, it does.

i got off that ambien shit this past december in preparation for having a child.

it's not that you dont take it for sleep. its that youll plan on going to bed in 30 minutes after you finish watching some show so you pop it and next thing you know it's two hours later and you've raided the fridge, freezer, and cabinets or have done something totally dumb that you do or do not recollect. it's just fucking weird. you know what you're doing, you just dont care. i wouldnt call it psychedelic, it's like youre in a dream-state but awake....very dissociative.

what ken said
it's like: "hmm...I'll take this so I fall asleep in 15 or so..." *swallow* -one minute later - "gaaaah!!! Why are the walls trying to eeeaaat me!?"

ambien is a phenomenally bizarre drug. its more of less the same thing as lunesta. they are a class of drugs called "hypnotics" (which should give you some hint about their effects) which are very similar to benzodiazepines (valium, xanex, klonepin, etc) besides the fact that they do not make you feel good. a lot of people i grew up with used to take that stuff for recreational purposes and i have more than a few hilarious stories i could tell. i have taken it a few times and usually it was before bed, so nothing too weird happened.

when "pineapple express" came out in theaters, i went to see it with a friend and we took a couple each. i consciously laughed the whole time and thought it was just a totally amazing movie. when we go into my car and left, we realized that we literally had NO FUCKING MEMORY WHATSOEVER about the film. no exaggeration... it was one of the weirdest realizations ever. when i saw the movie again a couple of years later it was like i had never seen it before.

hilarious- when i was probably 14 or 15 my older brother had a friend come over one night who had some ambien. my brother took a few and after about 30 minutes he completely passed out on the couch. nothing too exciting. a little while later he just jumps up with this totally glazed-over look in his eyes. he mumbles "fuck this shit" and grabs a box of cookies before going down to his bedroom in the basement. probably two hours later he comes out of the basement to find the bathroom. he was BARE-ASS naked and fucking covered in melted chocolate and cookie crumbs. it was like he was sleep walking... he didnt remember it the next morning but we figured that he just fell asleep in his bed with cookies everywhere and rolled around in them for a couple of hours. amazing.

so anyway, just thought i'd share that. this is the drug they are prescribing to any adults who claim that they are having a sleep issue (which is usually because they sit at a desk all day while drinking soda and/or coffee)

adults who claim that they are having a sleep issue (which is usually because they sit at a desk all day while drinking soda and/or coffee)
When I was younger, I sometimes thought I had a sleep issue. Nowadays, I'm certain that 99% of those who claim that just don't do enough shit during the days.