DAN NELSON OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Yeah, I noticed that. I may have signed up back in November but I never wrote a post. Think what you guys want, but I am in contact with them and even they won't say anything. Read my fucking theory.

Rob said that he was devastated over this and that it was 1000% out of Anthrax's hands and that he wasn't sacked. (SO DAN WASN'T SACKED!!!) He also said that the band didn't lie about his illness when they sacked him(SO THEY DID SACK HIM???), which apparently he wasn't sacked (BUT YOU JUST SAID HE WAS SACKED???). He didn't really say anything concrete or specific, but that the truth will come out soon.

Now do you see my confusion???:err:

Yeah, I noticed that. I may have signed up back in November but I never wrote a post. Think what you guys want, but I am in contact with them and even they won't say anything. Read my fucking theory.

I wouldn't say anything to you either. You never heard of this place till this week, even though you signed up almostt a year ago. :loco:

Anthrax is your pals! :worship:

I wish I had pals in Anthrax. I have to make do with James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine. They're my best pals.
But you know what?

EVEN THEY WON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS.

Can you imagine? Het and Big Red? Just as well you're big pals with Rob and stuff so can keep us in the picture with...well...fuck all really.

o_O
o_O
o_O

:zombie:

Xentrix. Now there was another awesome thrash band who lost a singer and went down the pan. :headbang:
I fucking LOVE Xentrix! I'm from Glasgow too BTW.

Heh heh. Xentrix were the first band I ever saw live supporting the Almighty at the Barras in Dec 1990.

I got to see the reunion tour back in 2006 in Preston, and then hung out with the guys afterwards. They absolutely rock.

Simon Gordon, the guy who took over from Chris Astley for the last album is an awesome guy. Didn't quite fit with what everyone wanted, but a nice guy none the less.

He's actually in a new band called Hellfighter with the the old Xentrix guitarist (Stan Havard) and drummer (Dennis Gasser).

I'm still in touch with the guys too - which rocks!

... and now, back to our regular viewing :)

I was playing backgammon with Scott last night and he confirmed what Charlie told me during our pinochle game the night before, that Dan really quit the band

Why is everyone so surprised that people have talked to the guys in Anthrax? This is the age of the internet and myspace and facebook. You don't even have to be friends with someone to talk with them, if they reply to your messages. Dan Nelson has sent me a few messages since all of this went down! Didn't say a whole lot but it's not like I'm lying that I had an email conversation with him. Rob Caggiano has also sent me numerous messages over the years, both during the Belladonna reunion and since he's been back in the band.

I wouldn't say anything to you either. You never heard of this place till this week, even though you signed up almostt a year ago. :loco:

Anthrax is your pals! :worship:

I wish I had pals in Anthrax. I have to make do with James Hetfield and Dave Mustaine. They're my best pals.
But you know what?

EVEN THEY WON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT THIS.

Can you imagine? Het and Big Red? Just as well you're big pals with Rob and stuff so can keep us in the picture with...well...fuck all really.

o_O
o_O
o_O

:zombie:

You're a faggot. :D

Actually, I was talking with Celine Dion last night and she heard that it was actually Dan who walked in on Pearl and Scott while she was laying a Cleveland steamer on Scott's chest. Celine was clearly disgusted, although she didn't have a clue who the fuck is Anthrax...

Haha, name-drop this bitch!

Actually, I was talking with Celine Dion last night and she heard that it was actually Dan who walked in on Pearl and Scott while she was laying a Cleveland steamer on Scott's chest. Celine was clearly disgusted, although she didn't have a clue who the fuck is Anthrax...

Haha, name-drop this bitch!

Dude, that's total bullshit. I talked to Nikki Sixx last night, and he said that Scott told him that their new singer was going to be Barry Manilow's bastard son Melvin Manilow! Apparently Melvin has been fronting a ska/jazz/power metal outfit called Nubian Viking, featuring Mick Mars's grandson Cletus on drums, Pat McPat on guitars (the ONLY hermaphrodite virtuoso from Bulgaria like EVER!), the zombie undead of Tito Puente's horns section, and Steve DiGiorgio on bass (that dude's in everything!).

So, after Nubian Viking finishes off their shows on their huge Oceania tour, Melvin will be rewriting the lyrics of the new Anthrax songs, because from what I heard from Nikki they didn't have enough lyrics concerning killing with power.

:heh:

I hit up YouTube for a live version of Fight 'Em 'Til You Can't tonight and, low and behold, there's a bottle of J&B center stage right by Dan's monitor in Croatia. I had been thinking about the drinking thing over the past day and when I saw that, the lightbulb just went on.

Yeah but when I saw Anthrax on the WCFYA tour in Toledo (there weren't many people there - it was the only time they've played in Toledo in their entire career, and it was a tuesday night - most Toledo people go to see shows in Detroit, and since it was a tuesday night, nobody from Detroit probably wanted to make the drive to Toledo) there were several bottles of Crown onstage, so it's no big deal. They ALL drink. Maybe not as much as he was - who knows. Either way, it's all in the past now.

I agree with the poster above who really loves the new songs they played live. Revolution Screams is cool, but Vampyres was my favorite! I really hope John re-tracks the vocals, because that song just sounds like it's SCREAMING for his voice. I think all of the new material would be better with his voice. (And I honestly mean that with zero disrespect towards Dan Nelson. I am just a huge John Bush fan - he can do no wrong.)

It's official. Anthrax are Spinal Tap. The only difference is, the joke is on US. Let's leave alone for two seconds whether or not Dan was screwed over. Let's say he did quit. Then let me ask you this: WHY CAN'T THEY HOLD ON TO A LEAD SINGER?
Why - because they're assholes and I think Scott Ian is probably so self-important that he wishes he was the lead singer.

Going back to the fired/quit question. I absolutely believe him. He was SO into being in this band, he was so motivated and enthusiastic, he was out making the rounds on metal tv shows, magazines, Sirius/XM and other radio stations doing the promotional thing while the rest of them sat on their asses. They do a whole album with him and then what, they're not even going to release it now?

And I've got news for Anthrax.
John Bush is making BIG money as the voice-over in all those Burger King commercials. He barely has to get off his ass to make money these days. Why would he give that up a lucrative and easy job to go back on the road with a bunch of ham-slammers? Yeah, I doubt it.
I think he's not coming back. I think they screwed themselves by screwing Dan Nelson.
And I think they deserve it.