DAN NELSON OFFICIAL STATEMENT

It's official. Anthrax are Spinal Tap. The only difference is, the joke is on US. Let's leave alone for two seconds whether or not Dan was screwed over. Let's say he did quit. Then let me ask you this: WHY CAN'T THEY HOLD ON TO A LEAD SINGER?
Why - because they're assholes and I think Scott Ian is probably so self-important that he wishes he was the lead singer.

Going back to the fired/quit question. I absolutely believe him. He was SO into being in this band, he was so motivated and enthusiastic, he was out making the rounds on metal tv shows, magazines, Sirius/XM and other radio stations doing the promotional thing while the rest of them sat on their asses. They do a whole album with him and then what, they're not even going to release it now?

And I've got news for Anthrax.
John Bush is making BIG money as the voice-over in all those Burger King commercials. He barely has to get off his ass to make money these days. Why would he give that up a lucrative and easy job to go back on the road with a bunch of ham-slammers? Yeah, I doubt it.
I think he's not coming back. I think they screwed themselves by screwing Dan Nelson.
And I think they deserve it.

You're right. You know best!

It's official. Anthrax are Spinal Tap. The only difference is, the joke is on US. Let's leave alone for two seconds whether or not Dan was screwed over. Let's say he did quit. Then let me ask you this: WHY CAN'T THEY HOLD ON TO A LEAD SINGER?
Why - because they're assholes and I think Scott Ian is probably so self-important that he wishes he was the lead singer.

Going back to the fired/quit question. I absolutely believe him. He was SO into being in this band, he was so motivated and enthusiastic, he was out making the rounds on metal tv shows, magazines, Sirius/XM and other radio stations doing the promotional thing while the rest of them sat on their asses. They do a whole album with him and then what, they're not even going to release it now?

John Bush is making BIG money as the voice-over in all those Burger King commercials. He barely has to get off his ass to make money these days. Why would he give that up a lucrative and easy job to go back on the road with a bunch of ham-slammers? Yeah, I doubt it.
I think he's not coming back. I think they screwed themselves by screwing Dan Nelson.

:puke:

and you call yourselves fans of Anthrax LOL, your just as bad as you accuse them of being. Whatever the reason is I'm sure they would much rather be putting out a record then having to wait and see what pans out, if they had to fire Dan I'm sure it wasn't and easy choice to make but I'm sure there was a reason behind it, why would they willingly want to do that to themselves? You said they are assholes and self serving right? How does this benefit them if they really did fire Dan? To have their own fans put them down on their own message board? Come on people give me a break. And ya know what? Who really gives a shit? They dudes are trying to get this together to put out a killer record next year.

Hey, how about supporting your fucking bad assholes instead of ripping it down for something you don't understand?

PS. I'm MORE THEN SURE a lot of the shit talkers on this message board will be the first guys backstage to say "will you please sign my guitar Mr. Ian... i started playing because of you" LMAO!!!!

METAL!

and you call yourselves fans of Anthrax LOL, your just as bad as you accuse them of being. Whatever the reason is I'm sure they would much rather be putting out a record then having to wait and see what pans out, if they had to fire Dan I'm sure it wasn't and easy choice to make but I'm sure there was a reason behind it, why would they willingly want to do that to themselves? You said they are assholes and self serving right? How does this benefit them if they really did fire Dan? To have their own fans put them down on their own message board? Come on people give me a break. And ya know what? Who really gives a shit? They dudes are trying to get this together to put out a killer record next year.

Hey, how about supporting your fucking bad assholes instead of ripping it down for something you don't understand?

PS. I'm MORE THEN SURE a lot of the shit talkers on this message board will be the first guys backstage to say "will you please sign my guitar Mr. Ian... i started playing because of you" LMAO!!!!

METAL!

You are so right

METAL!

Yes, you are correct. However as a pentathrax tattooed fan for over 20 years, I've earned my right to have a chuckle at their trials and tribulations.

BTW, I do back the band's judgement over Dan.

No complaining here. I mean, I hated the Joey reunion and stated as such - many, many times.

I was looking forward to one day when John might have came back. The live bootleg of "Vampires," I was thinking "man it would be cool to hear John sing this live one day" - I figured he'd be back down the line eventually - I never expected it to be this soon - AND soon enough to where we'll probably get to hear him on the STUDIO version.:headbang:

Who are you? You are a little late with your opinion...... that no one really cares about.... Anthrax Rulez!!!!! Dan is a great guy but there is no spot on here for him:Smug:
DSCF1524.jpg

No complaining here. I mean, I hated the Joey reunion and stated as such - many, many times.

I was looking forward to one day when John might have came back. The live bootleg of "Vampires," I was thinking "man it would be cool to hear John sing this live one day" - I figured he'd be back down the line eventually - I never expected it to be this soon - AND soon enough to where we'll probably get to hear him on the STUDIO version.:headbang:

ditto

The only thing I didn't like about the reunion really was the fact that it forced John out. That tour I think back in 2000 with two singers would have been cool and unprecedented. I was listening to their temptations cover of ball of confusion. Maybe new material with Joey for the reunion tour would have been cool.

One thing about Anthrax is that you have to be extremely patient to be a fan.

The only thing I didn't like about the reunion really was the fact that it forced John out. That tour I think back in 2000 with two singers would have been cool and unprecedented. I was listening to their temptations cover of ball of confusion. Maybe new material with Joey for the reunion tour would have been cool.

One thing about Anthrax is that you have to be extremely patient to be a fan.

2010's here!!!! I'm ready for some new music !!!!!!! Hopefully Sonisphere will reveal new music

bullshit...anthrax strikes again..dan nelson was the best thing to happen to that old sinking ship...mind you i was a huge fan of them growing up..i met scott backstage at maiden years ago and what a douchebag he is...fuck him ..whatever is the reason i dont care anymore..i know dan nelson since i was in highschool 1994 and was in a band with him..he has amazing talent and they let it go

bullshit...anthrax strikes again..dan nelson was the best thing to happen to that old sinking ship...

Nope. John Bush was the BEST thing to happen to Anthrax. Personally I didn't care for Dan's voice (Sounded way too much like a Phil Anselmo clone), but thought he would be competent.

Until, I saw that interview where he was OBVIOUSLY drunk and Charlie was OBVIOUSLY embarrased.

Scott & Charlie may not be great people. But they are the band. If Bush rejoins, I am back. If not, Anthrax had a great career. And did there best work from '93-'04.

Nope. John Bush was the BEST thing to happen to Anthrax. Personally I didn't care for Dan's voice (Sounded way too much like a Phil Anselmo clone), but thought he would be competent.

Until, I saw that interview where he was OBVIOUSLY drunk and Charlie was OBVIOUSLY embarrased.

Scott & Charlie may not be great people. But they are the band. If Bush rejoins, I am back. If not, Anthrax had a great career. And did there best work from '93-'04.

I couldn't agree more. My opinion is , the reason this album (Worship) hasn't been retooled with Bush is all the legal bullshit Nelson is hitting the band with because he wants some cash.He does not want Bush re- singing his parts.

What interview?

I couldn't agree more. My opinion is , the reason this album (Worship) hasn't been retooled with Bush is all the legal bullshit Nelson is hitting the band with because he wants some cash.He does not want Bush re- singing his parts.

So all they have to do is change the parts. Simple as can be. The guitar riffs aren't his. I think the holdup is the fact that John has the Armored Saint album coming out and they have to make a deal, rewrite the lyrics, and be sure John's really doing it.

I mean yeah it would kinda suck not to get another Anthrax record but it would be alright with me if they went out after WCFYA. Great Record, then GOTE gave us die hard BushThrax fans a special little deal there. What more can you ask for really?