Dance Of Death!!!

High On Maiden said:
A quick message to JayKeeley...

I'd just like to thank and congratulate you (and the rest of your webzine) for an awesome onlinh metal source.

I've spent a long time browsing through all it's features, and it is superb! I've read several reviews and interviews, as well as the other features, and they're all great!

Also thankyou personally for the excellent reviews you have written...

I will definitely be re-visiting your site! Keep up the good work!

\m/

note to everyone else: www.royalcarnage.com - check it out now!
Wow, all I can say is thanks. That kind of appreciation from other fans such as yourself makes it all worthwhile. Along with the rest of the 'zine, we really put our blood, sweat, and tears into that Iron Maiden feature, especially since several of us grew up listening to the band.

Same old same old.
The last Maiden album I bought was No Prayer For The Dying. I borrowed Fear of the Dark from the local library and was bored by half the songs. After that, I've checked out Maiden here and there to see if they've miraculously improved with each album release but no matter how much I want to like their newer stuff, it's not happening. I'd still go and see them live though.
It just pains me that they're becoming the heavy metal Status Quo.

Scurvy said:
Same old same old.
And I wouldn't want it any other way. Iron Maiden have more than paid their dues to reproduce the 'same old same old' each and every time. I, for one, do not want to see Iron Maiden become 'experimental' and 'progressive'.

When I listen to Maiden, I want to hear Maiden.

I really like. I liked BNW but this seems to complete what wasn't quite there on it. The three guitars, the strong songs. The choruses still repeat a bit but I actually quite like it on several of these songs.

Rainmaker and Paschendale are particularly good

JayKeeley said:
And I wouldn't want it any other way. Iron Maiden have more than paid their dues to reproduce the 'same old same old' each and every time. I, for one, do not want to see Iron Maiden become 'experimental' and 'progressive'.

When I listen to Maiden, I want to hear Maiden.

Exactly. 20+ years, and they can still do the same old, same old well. Why mess with a good thing?

Personally I think the album as a whole was great, has a couple of boring songs, like Wildest Dreams and Montesegur.
But Paschendale, Dance of Death, Face in the Sand, No More Lies and Gates of Tomorrow kicks ass :headbang:

Aggressor said:
Personally I think the album as a whole was great, has a couple of boring songs, like Wildest Dreams and Montesegur.

Agreed perhaps on Wildest Dreams, but Montsegur boring?! That's one of my fave tracks on the album! Probably the closest they've got to the Powerslave days of old....