Dark fucking Throne!

It's akin to "Too Old, Too Cold" and "Canadian Metal" as far as the songs they choose to release initially are concerned.

"It's akin to "Too Old, Too Cold""

I won't bother downloading it then, since I think this was Darkthrone's worse song ever.

58459.jpg

So folks, who has their copy and what are your thoughts?

Very different from FOAD (interesting given both albums were essentially written around the same time).

Peaceville just made the song Hiking Metal Punx available for download, but with a catch, you have to sign up for their mailing list. I used an old email and got it, and the song is very much a continuation of FOAD, a bit more punky though (no surprise there).

Here's the link to get the song: http://www.burningshed.com/store/peaceville/freedownload/8/

I could probably help a few people out through PM if they don't want to be bothered with the lame mailing list.
I'd like to hear the new Darkthrone song without signing up for a mailing list.

From what I have heard it is bad. Sardonic Wrath is their best in my eyes, and certainly their best from the most recent albums. I will say that it is the most fucking metal record this year if you know understand what I am saying. I hate the production also. I do not find lo-fi stuff, but this production just sounds strange.

Panzerfaust is the ultimate record from them during the early years. THE RIFFS ARE BA.

This is exactly what I was awaiting. This is just how Darkthrone rolls these days.

From what I have heard it is bad. Sardonic Wrath is their best in my eyes, and certainly their best from the most recent albums. I will say that it is the most fucking metal record this year if you know understand what I am saying. I hate the production also. I do not find lo-fi stuff, but this production just sounds strange.

Panzerfaust is the ultimate record from them during the early years. THE RIFFS ARE BA.

Would you mind retyping that post? It makes absolutely no sense at all and reads as though you were tripping on mushies in the desert with Jim Morrison when you wrote it.

I just think it's really fucking cool how their sound changes but they never really ditch their roots.