Death Metal Bands

I think there's something wrong with you, I love the clarity of NMF. Since Jens Bogren did this mini album though, I am thinking it will be a similar sound.

I had an argument with EmeticGore a few weeks ago... I had a hard time understanding why he didnt like Entombeds LHP which imo is much closer to BB than Repugnant ever will be, I guess hes not there yet and he seems to be liking alot of the polish/american brutal DM style, so thats that. But he seems eager to try out new bands and I bet in few years when he is tired of that "brutal" stuff he will be blasting LHP, Dismember, and even Opeth that he dislikes so much, nonstop and thinking, damn that dude Qth was right this music kicks fucking arse, or whatever. ;)

Haha, I almost look forward to your posts just as much as Blakkheim's these days. I think I agree with everything in there, except for the brutal american thing. There isn't one band I like that's american and there never will be :p the whole California DM scene ruined it for me. I can't even be bothered to give America another chance to impress me. The type of music that really hits the spot for me is Real heavy + clean and polished + catchy + good DM vocals. I must say that Tommy Dahlström is my favorite vocalist lately. I love his highs, his mids and his lows. His lyrics might not be the best but everything flows so nice with that guy. Without being an opera singer :p

well honestly before i got into opeth i never listened to anything with growls and i though lamb of god was the best band in the world, so heavy and the beats were so cool, then this guy i knew lent me all his opeth albums, and i said to myself, fuck what is this amazing music, later that year my friend(huge opeth fan) asked me if i ever heard bloodbath before, i was like no but its sounds like that shit like nile/cannibal corpse etc, and he goes no check it out
so i looked it up, i went and listened to bathe in blood, blew me away, i bought every album and now (past 2 years lol) ive been going back and listening to al lthe stuff i thought was shit, meshuggah, cryptopsy, cannibal corpse(dont like much), nile and im really starting to appreciate it a lot more, i even downloaded entombed at qths request(for everyone) and thats an amazing album

which brings me to my next point, anyone ever heard skinless? they're pretty great imo

Emetic, do you like Nile?

Well I can assume this isn't a friendly question but yeah I do, and I JUST realized they are from the U.S. Just to stay one step ahead of the insults ;)

But they have next to none of the typical U.S Elements in their music. The new album wasn't that great to be honest. Annihilation of the Wicked is my favorite :worship:

lol, another US band =) But all hostility aside, generally I also tend to hate US bands. They all sound too...well...boring! They have no feel! And for once I'll agree with you: Ithyphalic wasn't good. BUT, I'll always keep my mind open to any band regardless of geographical location ;) (i just recently started loving November's doom)

Yeah it's not that great. They haven't been really good since Amongst or Black Seeds anyways.

No way!!! In their darkened shrines was epic! So was Annihilation. Ithyphallic didn't have any substance, that was my problem with it. Like, it's fast and crazy, but Nile is so much more that just speed. After reading the BW&BK with Nile and Behemoth I bought both albums and although I never thought I would say this, Behemoth sounded way better.

Is it true that he went to nepal for like 8 months before writing the album? Is that what the little diary in the booklet is all about?