Death Metal Bands

ithyphallic....well, what kinda pissed me off was that there were slow songs that just bored me, and there were songs that just werent good. but over all it was a good album, tracks 1 2 4 7 and maybe 3 were the only really solid tracks. the rest was kind of a disappointment.

LASHED TO THE SLAVE STICK!!!!

sorry but that song kicks ass.

No way!!! In their darkened shrines was epic! So was Annihilation. Ithyphallic didn't have any substance, that was my problem with it. Like, it's fast and crazy, but Nile is so much more that just speed. After reading the BW&BK with Nile and Behemoth I bought both albums and although I never thought I would say this, Behemoth sounded way better.

Is it true that he went to nepal for like 8 months before writing the album? Is that what the little diary in the booklet is all about?

ITDS isn't actually too bad, but I really like the rawness of the first two LP's. Plus seeing them on the Black Seeds tour was my eye opener for Death Metal as I was mostly into Black Metal at the time. They are a consistant good band though...I love their slow stuff a lot more than the fast stuff that just about anyone does these days. And Karl has one of the best low growls around.

correct me if im wrong but karl didnt do any growling on the new nile album. im pretty sure that was all dallas toler wade. and as far as karl having good growls...ehh....im pretty sure thats why he didnt growl on the new nile album, because he wasnt good at it. wade is fucking crystal clear on ithyphallic, one of the biggest ups about the album imo.

Hmm...No, if you know what Karl sounds like then you will him from time to time on the new record. A lot of people don't like him because they can't hear/understand him...I have no problem and I love his approach.

Plus if you bought the album you would know Dallas, Karl and Chris Lollis are all credited vocalists.

Wait...Immolation are an American band and it seems like we don't talk about them enough. Close To A World Below anyone? That album is fucking amazing original death metal.

And if you guys have ever heard of Portal from Australia, then you will notice Immolation's influences is great...very original band, almost eerie in their delivery.

I actually really enjoyed Harnessing Ruin. There were some killer songs on that album. Yeah the guitar style is definitely an awesome point for them. It's very odd sounding.