Death Metal Bands

To each their own. But Testament had some good death metal-ish riffs on their last 2 albums. Plus he can sound like a BEAST when he wants too. Better than slayer, anthrax, and metallica.

Anything is better than Anthrax, but the first few Slayer and Metallica albums can't be touched by Testament...or for the most part...the whole California scene...Germany and Poland are another story though :)

Check out >>>PURGATORY<<<

German death metal since 1993. You will hear some Vader in their sound :) Killer! For anyone who's interested: their fifth record will be released in some weeks!

Early Testament is almost like Metallica without cojones, the real growth of the band started with Low. Demonic kicks ass too but The Gathering is where it's at. Awesome album.

Check out PURGATORY

German death metal since 1993. You will hear some Vader in their sound :) Killer! For anyone who's interested: their fifth record will be released in some weeks!

I have a hard time listening to the oldschool thrash bands these days tbh. I used to be insanely addicted to Kreator, Slayer and Testament. I return to those three (especially Kreator) once in a while. The only thrash bands who did some good albums after Nirvana and Pantera killed the genre really is Testament and Overkill. Overkill just released a big pile of garbage this year though.

I have a hard time listening to the oldschool thrash bands these days tbh. I used to be insanely addicted to Kreator, Slayer and Testament. I return to those three (especially Kreator) once in a while. The only thrash bands who did some good albums after Nirvana and Pantera killed the genre really is Testament and Overkill. Overkill just released a big pile of garbage this year though.

Check out Hellias and Kat from Poland...some of the best Thrash I've heard.

I don't know how the rest of the music is and I doubt I'll look into it. But 'My Fever' by Insision is a fuckin' brutal song. You can find the music video for it on youtube. The vocals arent too great but the song is awesome. It satisfies my needs for structured shredding

Of course they do but havent you guys ever heard of the big 4 or w.e it's called. Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, and Testament are supposed to be the kings of the genre. I just pointed out that Testament owns them all. Because Metallica and Anthrax are pretty gay and Kerry King's stupid ass solo's + the singer ruin Slayer.

The big four are actually Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax. And the old records by Slayer and Metallica are some of the best Thrash/Speed Metal records ever. Re listen to Kill Em'All, Ride The Lightning, Show No Mercy or Hell Awaits.

I don't know how the rest of the music is and I doubt I'll look into it. But 'My Fever' by Insision is a fuckin' brutal song. You can find the music video for it on youtube. The vocals arent too great but the song is awesome. It satisfies my needs for structured shredding

Insision totally own. Check out all their three albums. Their first one is the best, that's where "My Fever" is from. Really brutal with super intricate guitar riffs. The new one "Ikon" is more groovy and melodic but still brutal. I love it. I got some Insision reviews on metal-archives. The page is screwed up atm though so I cant link them. Check it out if you're interested.

Edit: and concerning thrash; to me the big four aren't really the big four. Slayer did some really pwning songs/records but Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth are shitty. Kreator is where it's at.

What's the best Kreator album? I heard a song by them today and Sirius and it was pretty good. Can't remember what it was called though.

Slayer really tore it up in their glory days, i think that they reached their peak with South of Heaven/Seasons in the Abyss, but unfortunately they never returned to form again. They gave birth to some creepy, visceral thrash songs that remain original to this day.
Metallica kept the ball rolling in their 1st four albums, everything from Kill'em All to ...and justice for all still grabs me by my pubic hair. Period.
Anthrax is pretty shit of course, and i don't think anyone should even question their shitness, they are ultra goofy. Awful band, pure nonsense.
Megadeth i love almost entirely, but i can't deny that they went downhill after Youthanasia. There is a few listenable tunes on their last one though.

The first few Megadeth's have some really good songs, but I can't get into any of the albums fully because of Mustaine's vocals...just horrid.

I
For example...You have a band like Nightwish and a band like Sextrash...It's obvious a young 16 year old girl in Seattle Washington will look in the store and see a Nightwish cd and be like :O then buy it and play it and be like "that's totally rad and underground, has anyone even heard of them!? omg" And then Sextrash is no where to be found because Wal*Mart and Cogumelo working together? No. But then she gets on myspace and sees all this other stuff....blahhhhh...she somehow gets to Sepultura site that leads her to Sarcofago that leads her to Sextrash...and she HATES IT!!!! because it isn't her taste and Wal*Mart doesn't carry it. And that's how we all went braindead from reading my posts.

...but Sextrash>>>>Nightwish ;)

that was really weird....what was your point? :lol: