Death Metal Bands

Don't pay attention to the last 3 Exodus releases...pure crap. Bonded By Blood is essential...and Pleasures and Fabulous are pretty good all around. Impact is 50/50 and Force of Habit is good for being played in the background.

I also wanna mention that Mordicus - Dances From Left is going to be finally reissued this summer on cd/lp. If you aren't familiar...get familiarized. Early 90's Finnish Death in the vein of the old school Swedish Death.

I didn't care for it...and no I didn't look at the Influence section and just x the page(probably would have been a good idea though) :)

Yes, yes they do. Dimebag is the only reason they were know. The guy had talent and I completely respect the energy he brought to the table. BUT. His skills were often overlooked because of his 'squeals' I've heard some horrid live shows from that guy. Sounded like when you mess up on guitar hero hahaha

The problem with pantera wasn't the lead guitar. it was the stupid overuse of grooves and the fact that their vocalist went from a pretty damn good heavy metal singer to a jump-da-fuck-up singer in only one album

Pantera was a very good band. The groove made them pretty distinctive and they had a killer chemistry, they combined aspects of rock'n'roll, Thrash, hardcore and traditional metal, which was totally different from the mindless nu-metal type of groovy stuff, and as whole, the band was way better and more talented than most Death Metal/Black Metal overrated rubbish.

Pantera was a very good band. The groove made them pretty distinctive and they had a killer chemistry, they combined aspects of rock'n'roll, Thrash, hardcore and traditional metal, which was totally different from the mindless nu-metal type of groovy stuff, and as whole, the band was way better and more talented than most Death Metal/Black Metal overrated rubbish.

I know it's been said, and it will be said again...EXHORDER...