Death Metal Bands

Suppose it's too catchy for Mr.Grim and blackest of the black.
Oh well, maybe somebody with better taste will agree with me.

This is only their second album :D

lol, oh yeah =) It's just been so long Between these two albums that I thought I remembered there being another one released. But actually it was only a drummer change. I also thought they had another full legnth before And Time Begins....

Alright fine...I'm not as frozt bitten as you LifeDepraved :p

Necrophagist is a shit band. Who cares how 'skilled' the players sound after 179 studio takes, the music is still a bullshit pander for people who have never heard real death metal.

Necrophagist is a shit band. Who cares how 'skilled' the players sound after 179 studio takes, the music is still a bullshit pander for people who have never heard real death metal.

lol, sorry to break your tr00ness but Necrophagist probably recorded their whole tracks in 5 takes or less. They are some of the most skilled and precise musicians in metal today (which is obvious when you see how tight they are live) and to simply call them a 'shit band' is pretty narrow minded (but then again, we are dealing with "the prince"). I don't really like their music (it all starts sounding the same after a while), but you can't blame people for liking a skilled band. Plus, they’re a Tech Death Metal band, and the point of a Tech Death Metal band is to be...well...technical! So when you're criticizing a band, don't just call them shit because it's not your cup of tea. After all, not everyone likes rundown, garage recorded, one take, full of mistakes to make it tr00 type music like you. And you seem to get pretty upset when people don't like your music, so don't criticize others who like something different.

lol, sorry to break your tr00ness but Necrophagist probably recorded their whole tracks in 5 takes or less. They are some of the most skilled and precise musicians in metal today (which is obvious when you see how tight they are live) and to simply call them a 'shit band' is pretty narrow minded (but then again, we are dealing with "the prince"). I don't really like their music (it all starts sounding the same after a while), but you can't blame people for liking a skilled band. Plus, they’re a Tech Death Metal band, and the point of a Tech Death Metal band is to be...well...technical! So when you're criticizing a band, don't just call them shit because it's not your cup of tea. After all, not everyone likes rundown, garage recorded, one take, full of mistakes to make it tr00 type music like you. And you seem to get pretty upset when people don't like your music, so don't criticize others who like something different.

1. They're nowhere near as tight live as you imply. The rhythm section is often quite sloppy, despite the triggers.

2. They're nowhere near as technically proficient as other bands that have worked within the "technical" death metal field, notably Atheist, Gorguts and Crimson Massacre.

3. They're far less structurally and compositionally advanced than the better bands - At the Gates, Atheist, Gorguts, Seance, Crimson Massacre, Demilich etc. - that have worked in the subgenre. Their basic approach is to speed up old style heavy metal riffs, dress them up with end-of-phrase rhythmic flourishes (and pinch harmonics) and bury them in syrupy open harmonies. The underlying structures are like rock music: open-ended repetition that goes nowhere. It's all very crowd pleasing, but totally empty artistically.

Basically, it's a distraction that catches your attention so the label bosses can rifle through your wallet.

=) You've obviously never seen them live =)

I saw them with Arsis and Alarum a couple of years back. They were not terribly impressive from a precision standpoint.

I guess I should stop arguing here; no point in getting into it with a bigot =)

Because, as we all know, being an experienced enough listener not to fall for a gimmick band is one and the same with 'bigotry'... :rolleyes:

I had an argument with someone today about Necrophagist. I admit...sure they have the talent, I use to be into them myself before they got all hyped up...Onset still has some good tunes, but it just isn't my thing. Too much of a show off band...I mean I understand they are a "technical" band, but I rather hear riffs...not how many pinch harmonics you can fit in 2 minutes.

I can honestly say I'd knock out "The Dark Prince" if I ever met him. More contradictions and loose ends than the bible. Shut up douche baggggggggggggg and quit life.