Death Metal Bands

I agree that Celestial Tear is ugh. But cant let that ruin the rest. I cant believe Im like the only one here that likes this album,
The album, the melodies sound so random to me, no thought behind it, that lead in the opening track, it goes nowhere.

The album just doens't click with me, but then Monolith also grew on me over a large period of time. Maybe if I play Weight now, I'll like it more.

monolith is pretty so-so as well imo, some really good stuff, and some of the stuff i can't get into at all. i'm really not a huge fan of meshuggah style riffs though, so that's probably why... the first album is much more melodic and less focused on weird rhythm patterns, so that's probably why i don't like the other albums as much

In Mourning turned out to be one of the more disappointing bands for me. The first song I heard was "For you to know" which sounded awesome, it was immediately on my regular playlists. So I got the album and it was really meh. Tried Shrouded Divine and it was hit and miss but I heard potential. Weight of the Oceans cemented them as a band that has potential but will never be great as I expected when I heard For you to know.

Edit: God damn it I am still not used to auto correct fucking with my words.

Last edited:
^The Opeth-iness is one of the things that annoys me the most about certain songs. Don't try to be Opeth, it barely works when Opeth does it.

Yeh, since we are talking about Katatonia and October Tide... I saw Anders Norrman at Tibultion/Ghost last weekend.
Anders..? It had to be either Fred or Mattias.
Norrman brothers are fun, the drunkness level of one of them on the Mellotronen boat was over 9000, passing out on a food plate like 3 o'clock <3
Yes, that was Mattias :D