Death Metal murders

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
ahhhh NO.... thrash metal and if anything else very very early Black Metal.... :err: and just to nail the coffin.. Death Metal as a genre didn't even exist when Slayer first came out (circa 1983) .... if anything Possessed was the first DM band... or one of the first

Haha, Slayer has WAY more in common with death metal than black metal. Also using the fact that death metal didn't exist as a genre when Slayer came out is a pretty stupid argument; you could say the same thing about Possessed.

polarity3 said:
Haha, Slayer has WAY more in common with death metal than black metal. Also using the fact that death metal didn't exist as a genre when Slayer came out is a pretty stupid argument; you could say the same thing about Possessed.

what has more common with what is a matter of opinion... and Slayer believe it or not when you weren't even a embryo and existed was considered Black Metal in the early 80's however true that wasn't because of Venom's release of the album BM (yeah im old and i lived in those days)... and the similarities between the two bands in image and lyrics and perhaps musical styles... so yes i would say Slayer if anything else at the time they came out was considered BM then DM ... and since Possessed were/are considered the originators of DM the same cannot be said about them.. :wave:

What a band was "considered" back when they first came out is kind of irrelevant, seeing as genre definitions have changed over time. Few would call Venom black metal any more.

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
what has more common with what is a matter of opinion...

A fridge has more in common with a triceratops than with a freezer!!!!!

and Slayer believe it or not when you weren't even a embryo and existed was considered Black Metal in the early 80's however true that wasn't because of Venom's release of the album BM (yeah im old and i lived in those days)...

and the similarities between the two bands in image and lyrics and perhaps musical styles... so yes i would say Slayer if anything else at the time they came out was considered BM then DM ... and since Possessed were/are considered the originators of DM the same cannot be said about them.. :wave:

Irrelevant as already stated. The majority of people consider all metal "just noise", does that mean it is?

And seriously, how the fuck can you possibly think Slayer is closer to black metal than death metal?

What an amazing documentry that was last night, lots of black and death... on BBC TV... never thought id see the day a picture of varg vikernes, mayhem on live and a fulll on interviw with Glen Benton (deicide vocalist) would be on our "NORMAL" tv sets... was very interesting... very satanic.... loved it... first program ive watched on tv for ages... i wants more lol :(

Slayer stopped being thrash in 94. They were thrash.. They always were thrash.. and always will be thrash. If you remember the 80s and the horror of it.. anything with a drummer guitarist and vocalist was metal. 2 hours of Poison, bon jovi and other crap just to see kreator or even anything remotely good on Headbangers ball[its the same now].

Who cares if they were DM fans and into Satanism? They died.. oh well.. shit happens all the fuckin time. Too bad it wasnt pop fans.

Bah I say!!! this story is kinda old news by internet standards. So what if some kids died like this. It's not like it's anything new. In the early years of emperor the lead singer stabbed a homosexual to death in a forest. Burzum's Varg murdured one of the most prominate black metal icons eurononamus aparantly for money and Mayhem's lead singer Dead shot himself with shells sent to him by Varg. Murder and suicide exists in all music geanres. Hell rap has had way more murders than metal and the fuckers get idolized instantly. No such luck in metal. Aside from Dimebag but he was really not a outstanding contributer to metal. I know I'm gonna get shit for that one.:erk:

Moon of Amber said:
A fridge has more in common with a triceratops than with a freezer!!!!!

Irrelevant as already stated. The majority of people consider all metal "just noise", does that mean it is?

And seriously, how the fuck can you possibly think Slayer is closer to black metal than death metal?

Music theory aside... Slayer does not remotely sound like DM at all... and to me they sound like BM and i mean early BM (pre Mayhem period).. so get your head out of your mom's womb.... :p jkkk :tickled: If Slayers vocals are DM then i have my head in your mom's womb... :D