Death Metal Thread

awia

Apr 6, 2010
any other death heads? round these parts?

Hour of penance
Gorod
Morpheus Descends
Suffocation
Funebrarum
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Arghoslent
Nile
Vital Remains
Cryptopsy (None so Vile - Blasphemy)
Bloodbath
Plector
Death
Dead Congregation
Slipknot
Intestine Baalism
The Chasm
Volturyon
Benighted

I really hope you don't consider Slipknot as death metal.

Some good choice bands in there though. Both debuts from Dead Congregation and Funebrarum are impressive.

did you just stick slipknot in there?
looks kind of out of place

anyways allot of cool bands in here and allot of unknowns to me.

At 34 I still listen to a lot of death metal and still love it to death, some faves:

BLOODBATH
NECROPHOBIC
MORBID ANGEL
MALEVOLENT CREATION
DEATH
GOREFEST
DISSECTION
UNANIMATED
DISMEMBER
ENTOMBED
EUCHARIST
IN MOURNING
EDGE OF SANITY
OPETH
DARK TRANQUILLITY
AT THE GATES
DETONATION

At 34 I still listen to a lot of death metal and still love it to death, some faves:

BLOODBATH
NECROPHOBIC
MORBID ANGEL
MALEVOLENT CREATION
DEATH
GOREFEST
DISSECTION
UNANIMATED
DISMEMBER
ENTOMBED
EUCHARIST
IN MOURNING
EDGE OF SANITY
OPETH
DARK TRANQUILLITY
AT THE GATES
DETONATION

oh yea forgot malevolent creation. Their "Will To Kill" album is just as good as retribution and ten commandments. Forgot Monstrosity as well :( If you like In mourning's drummer you should check out volturyon its another band he is in.

asphyx_lastoneonearth.jpg

I would have to say my very favorite metal albums of all time are doom metal albums, but death metal probably has the highest number of really worthwhile classics imo. My favorites would have to be.. Incantation, Morbid Angel, Winter, Autopsy, Asphyx, The Chasm, Immolation, Demigod, God Macabre, Fleshcrawl, Darkthrone, Miasma, Amorphis, Order from Chaos, Divine Eve, etc. for old school and Dead Congregation, Necros Christos, Funebrarum, and Ignivomous for the new. IMO the dark and doomy brand of death metal is drastically superior to all other death metal with few exceptions (Morbid Angel for instance..). IMO the most overrated death metal bands right now are Death and Nile for the old and Portal for the new.

huge lack of love for morpheus in this thread, if you like funebrarum....you will like morpoheus

also forgot to mention brutality and defeated sanity, fuck me

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have to say my very favorite metal albums of all time are doom metal albums, but death metal probably has the highest number of really worthwhile classics imo. My favorites would have to be.. Incantation, Morbid Angel, Winter, Autopsy, Asphyx, The Chasm, Immolation, Demigod, God Macabre, Fleshcrawl, Darkthrone, Miasma, Amorphis, Order from Chaos, Divine Eve, etc. for old school and Dead Congregation, Necros Christos, Funebrarum, and Ignivomous for the new. IMO the dark and doomy brand of death metal is drastically superior to all other death metal with few exceptions (Morbid Angel for instance..). IMO the most overrated death metal bands right now are Death and Nile for the old and Portal for the new.

A lot of choice bands there! I don't think Nile and Death are as overrated as they were 3-4 years back...But agreed on Portal, I enjoy their 2nd lp, but Seepia and the new one I just can't get into. I think they have a unique style to them though...always nice to see something different than bullet belts, fago paint, skulls and leather...though, nothing wrong with that ;P

The Chasm though...I don't think there's one band that match such a nearly flawless recording output...in terms of their length of career and quality. It's too bad that Daniel has said that he might not perform vocals anymore and just have it instrumental...which still wouldn't be bad.

haha wow LD thats a shitload, thanks for exoraite though ive been looking for the name of that band for a good month now!

favorite bands:
bloodbath
deicide (stench of redemption mostly)
vital remains
skinless (forshadowing our demise is fucking amazing)
akercocke
carcass
athiest (if you havent heard them theyre like what death could have been)
birdflesh (kinda grind)
crotchduster
cryptopsy (some of thier old stuff)
entombed

im sure theres more, thats just off the top of my head

darkthrone have made a death metal album?
how is nile overrated? they've only done one mediocre album and that's ithyphallic, otherwise they've stayed very consistent throughout their discography.