Death Metal

Shadow Mechanics was crap. I heard an mp3 from the new albums months ago on their myspace, and there were a few interesting moments here and there, but was overall crap, and I have no interest in hearing the rest of it.

hour of penance are a good brutal death band that sound like suffocation and deeds of flesh but of course they are not your average clone. They dont have any squealed or gurgled vocals and arent slam death but you should still check them out!
Yes. Hour of Penance kick ass. IMO they sound like Nile, but don't use the "middle eastern" scale. They are a good example of a band I consider to be good modern death metal.

I guess I won't be checking out the new Demigod album. It's probably not even death metal, or at best girly metalcore-ish "death metal." haha When Adramlalech released their "comback" album, it was pretty good. So why couldn't Demigod do the same thing? Why did it have to suck?

Yea but it's ok because there are still some long running bands that have put out many worthwhile releases recently. Have you heard monstrosity's new album? It's great!

Yeah, I mean there are always those bands to fall back onto but it is just a shame to see a band release one of the (in my opinion THE) greatest DM albums ever, and to slip and fall so damned fast into shit. It would've been nice to see a progression of the style played on Slumber of Sullen Eyes instead of the abrupt style change.

The new demigod is terrible, i made the mistake of buying this album. :erk:
after one listen i felt that it was mediocre and rather boring at times.

The new demigod is terrible, i made the mistake of buying this album. :erk:
after one listen i felt that it was mediocre and rather boring at times.

I'm finding it a bit of a grower, at the moment. I really, really enjoyed the new Immolation, if you want to take that as a bit of a personal recommendation ?:kickass:

I'm finding it a bit of a grower, at the moment. I really, really enjoyed the new Immolation, if you want to take that as a bit of a personal recommendation ?:kickass:

New Immolation is great. I think the new one is definitely a step up from the previous one, while it isn't their best work it does stand up well.

:kickass:

hows the new Malevolent Creation?

Don't know, heard alot of mixed reviews, but just found out their all original members again. My old band will be opening for them along w/ SFU, so hope to hear a little bit of new stuff live.

Been listening to Hate, the other Polish dm band, everyone of this bands releases just destroys.