Death Metal

I just made a DM mp3 disc last night, to have quick reference of good DM to listen to when not at my computer :D

On it I put:
Adramelech - Psychostasia
Amorphis - Privilege of Evil
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Asphyx - The Rack
At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours
Cadaver - In Pains
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
God Macabre - The Winterlong
Miasma - Changes
Molested - Blod Draum
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Seance - Fornever Laid To Rest
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph

Nothing new. Just the good ole' classic stuff. I actually wanted to check out some of the bands from the contemporary OSDM thread but Slsk is being glitchy and I don't want to risk a blind purchase.

I just made a DM mp3 disc last night, to have quick reference of good DM to listen to when not at my computer :D

On it I put:
Adramelech - Psychostasia
Amorphis - Privilege of Evil
Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus
Asphyx - The Rack
At The Gates - The Red In The Sky Is Ours
Cadaver - In Pains
Demigod - Slumber of Sullen Eyes
God Macabre - The Winterlong
Miasma - Changes
Molested - Blod Draum
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Seance - Fornever Laid To Rest
The Chasm - Deathcult For Eternity: The Triumph

could you perhaps upload this?

shit death metal, LOL my favorite bands are atheist, morbid angel, immolation, suffocation, nile and gorguts.

OSDM fans here tend to be REALLY fucking arrogant and annoying.

jus' sayin'

shit death metal, LOL my favorite bands are atheist, morbid angel, immolation, suffocation, nile and gorguts.

OSDM fans here tend to be REALLY fucking arrogant and annoying.

jus' sayin'

DM era Behemoth is garbage, Nile hasn't produced anything worthwhile other than some parts of ITDS and Devildriver is nu-metal. I was mainly referring to the other poster asking questions about crappy bands/albums. However, I suppose it wouldn't hurt you to actually listen to more OSDM to see why it is considered so much better than this new shit by the majority of vets posting here.

Also that is quite a great list, Mort.

However, I suppose it wouldn't hurt you to actually listen to more OSDM to see why it is considered so much better than this new shit by the majority of vets posting here.

:lol: 80-90% of DM I listen to would be considered old school dm anyway (chasm, immolation, incantation, morbid angel, dismember, bolt thrower, etc...)

you and your buttbuddies are just very fucking arrogant and irritating, however. Stop being metal nazis and let people share their opinions.

:lol: 80-90% of DM I listen to would be considered old school dm anyway (chasm, immolation, incantation, morbid angel, dismember, bolt thrower, etc...)

you and your buttbuddies are just very fucking arrogant and irritating, however. Stop being metal nazis and let people share their opinions.

I am a person so I guess I am allowed to share my opinions on their (shit) taste in DM. So blow me you cock-receiving big-titted meat balloon.

Nile IS good modern dm (I mention this, because Dave is a big Nile fan). There is plenty of good modern dm. It's just that the Unique Leader brutal garbage gives modern death metal a bad name. Arghoslent, Drawn and Quartered, Festering Saliva, Crimson Massacre, Wrust, Cronos, etc. are all good modern dm bands.

Just ordered deathevokations album the chalice of ages and their altar of the old skulls split off of ebay! This stuff is just amazing modern death metal that pulls off the old school spirit perfectly!! It also goes to show the OSDM "elitists" that modern death metal can be just as good as older stuff.

Maybe you should listen to more good modern DM (not Behemoth etc.) and learn why people like it.

@Death Aflame

Most of the modern stuff I like doesn't sound modern at all (Crimson Massacre, Portal, Church Bizarre, Evocation, Demiurg, Stargazer, Nerlich etc.) but I will gladly take recommendations as to pieces you think rival the classics.

Edit: @ Life Sucks I'll have to check out Wrust and Cronos. I have heard the others and honestly only Crimson Massacre impressed me. I agree with you that UL releases garbage. As a whole though, I still think death metal is far less productive now than say 15 years ago.

Here are some albums that I find outstanding.

Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated
Disgorge - Cranial Impalement
Cenotaph - Pseudo Verminal Cadaverium

Edit: I would like to make it clear I do not agree with Dave in this discussion.