Death Metal

RTC is the best death metal album since the early 90's.

Entombed + Paradise Lost + Edge of Sanity + Katatonia = the best death metal album since the early 90's and regardless the album not being original for the most part it's still more unique original than any current death metal album because of the influences and blend. In a sense it's actually original and people just pass it off as purely a tribute to old school death metal and the guitar harmonies are more progressive than new death metal bands and maybe that's because new death metal bands don't have any which is strange because the most early death metal bands do

If a lot of early 90's death metal bands from sweden and finland never changed they would resemble now what Bloodbath is. Nightmares Made Flesh is even pushing that further and the next E.P and fullength I can't even imagine how good they will be. I hear progressive infleunces in bloodbath and they actually sound like a death metal band being progessive instead of prog musicians trying to play death metal secondary making tmusic not resembling death metal and being prog first.

Dan Swano and Anders are in prog terroritories in terms of musicians and it is basically putting two prodogies together. You can tell really good musicians wrote RTC while still keeping in mind what real death metal should sound like and no one has really done that except them in the now.

Bloodbath is without a doubt something more than other current death metal bands.

never said RTC wasn't a great album :kickass:

just that damn guitar tone on certain parts

Bloodbath is without a doubt something more than other current death metal bands.

Yeah,they certainly are.They are the only straight-forward & old school death metal now.And RTC rules.
"Here in death's dominion
Where even shadows die
I am the one almighty
You will cry my name
And when you seek forgiveness
You will see there is no god
And for all eternity
You will cry my name"
-Cry my name
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Anybody knows when will their next release be?

PS:I also really love their album covers.

what the fuck is up with the production on the last bloodbath album?

old school dm with polished digital production? lol

I liked the production of Nightmares Made Flesh much better than any old school production I've heard. I guess I'm a sucker for the full, meaty-crunchy, polished sound. If that album was produced with a Sunlight Studios production, I'd probably get annoyed by it.

I liked the production of Nightmares Made Flesh much better than any old school production I've heard. I guess I'm a sucker for the full, meaty-crunchy, polished sound. If that album was produced with a Sunlight Studios production, I'd probably get annoyed by it.

modern dismember= perfect production for swedish death metal

The production on Nightmares Made Flesh is great and it's not clicky sounding like other new polished death metal cds and besides it's not exactly just an old school death metal album or tribute. Bloodbath is more serious than say on Breeding Death with is very simple and primitive compared to say Nightmares Made Flesh. NMF has songs that are not even old school death metal sounding at all and the band does not really need the sunlight sound as much now as than on say BD and RTC.

modern dismember= perfect production for swedish death metal

Dismember now is more gothenburg and not really old school swedish sounding death metal so no.

I owned it and there was tons of in flames/gothenburg melodies all over. Dismember really has not been old school death metal since around 92.

You're fucking stupid. The only real "Gothenburg" influence is in the lead playing and a few moments on the latter half of the album.

No they're not. In fact, far from it.
Well,actually in terms of death metal I was alwas into bands like Demilich,later Death,Lykathea aflame,Cynic,Insomnium,Behemoth etc so Bloodbath sounded straight-forward to me.And as I am also into them right now I made this comment:rolleyes: .Whatever,they make good metal,right?
Can you guys recomend some new bands that make old school death metal?I really wanna see the difference to understand death metal better,I will definitely check out "blood red throne".

Well,actually in terms of death metal I was alwas into bands like Demilich,later Death,Lykathea aflame,Cynic,Insomnium,Behemoth etc so Bloodbath sounded straight-forward to me.And as I am also into them right now I made this comment:rolleyes: .Whatever,they make good metal,right?
Can you guys recomend some new bands that make old school death metal?I really wanna see the difference to understand death metal better,I will definitely check out "blood red throne".

try deteriorot, sounds like a mix of immolation and incantation