Death Metal

Thoughts on the new Behemoth album (The Apostasy)? I've only given it one listen so far but it seems a little lighter than their other stuff.
As Behemoth alwas does it is a good album.At the Left Hand Ov God,Arcana Hereticae,Arcana Hereticae etc are my favourite from this album.Well its not as brutal as Demigod & certainly not as good either(imo its their best death metal release).
And yeah the drumming is getting better everytime & inferno is getting way infront of others in my list of favourite drummers.

Haven't yet checked out the new Nile though,have to,pretty soon.

As Behemoth alwas does it is a good album.At the Left Hand Ov God,Arcana Hereticae,Arcana Hereticae etc are my favourite from this album.Well its not as brutal as Demigod & certainly not as good either(imo its their best death metal release).
And yeah the drumming is getting better everytime & inferno is getting way infront of others in my list of favourite drummers.

Haven't yet checked out the new Nile though,have to,pretty soon.
That's my main complaint, that it isn't as heavy as Demigod.

Amorphis(old). I do like some newer Amorphis it just does not apply to this.
Bloodbath
Gorguts(mainly old and considered dead)
Morgoth
Sentenced(old)
Asphyx
Demigod
Carnage
Entombed
Pestilence
Morbid Angel
Necrophobic
Unleashed
Autopsy
Grave

,etc...

I agree with most of this list. kudos!

Amorphis(old). I do like some newer Amorphis it just does not apply to this.

Gorguts(new)
Cadaver
Eucharist
Morgoth
Sentenced(old)
Asphyx
Unanimated
Eucharist
Demigod
Fleshcrawl
Carcass
Atrocity
Torchure
Atheist
Death
God Macabre
Therion(old)
Revenant
Creepmime
Desultory
Phlebotomized
Supuration
Pestilence
Morbid Angel
Necrophobic
Seance
Unleashed
Yup, looks better now :D

I'm listening to Bloodbath-Resurrection Through Carnage and some parts it sounds like the guitar is tuned way to low or somthing. WTF? Some parts are great, but this sounds wierd.

RTC is the best death metal album since the early 90's.

Entombed + Paradise Lost + Edge of Sanity + Katatonia = the best death metal album since the early 90's and regardless the album not being original for the most part it's still more unique original than any current death metal album because of the influences and blend. In a sense it's actually original and people just pass it off as purely a tribute to old school death metal and the guitar harmonies are more progressive than new death metal bands and maybe that's because new death metal bands don't have any which is strange because the most early death metal bands do

If a lot of early 90's death metal bands from sweden and finland never changed they would resemble now what Bloodbath is. Nightmares Made Flesh is even pushing that further and the next E.P and fullength I can't even imagine how good they will be. I hear progressive infleunces in bloodbath and they actually sound like a death metal band being progessive instead of prog musicians trying to play death metal secondary making tmusic not resembling death metal and being prog first.

Dan Swano and Anders are in prog terroritories in terms of musicians and it is basically putting two prodogies together. You can tell really good musicians wrote RTC while still keeping in mind what real death metal should sound like and no one has really done that except them in the now.

Bloodbath is without a doubt something more than other current death metal bands.