Death Metal

Here are some albums that I find outstanding.

Devourment - Molesting the Decapitated
Disgorge - Cranial Impalement
Cenotaph - Pseudo Verminal Cadaverium

Edit: I would like to make it clear I do not agree with Dave in this discussion.

I despise Brutal/Slam Death for the most part so I doubt I will like these but I'll check them out anyways, thanks. Also, Dave is/acts like an idiot 90% of the time and right now is no different it seems.

You may possibly be the worst poster in the history of the internet.

Life Sucks: Yeah, I agree, those bands suck, but they are a diminishing minority in Brutal death. Labels like Unique Leader releases a lot of other better bands, and Unmatched Brutality, Comatose, and numerous other labels release more interesting Brutal Death as well.

Edit: Death Aflame: Yeah, then you probably won't like those. What is it about Slam/Brutal that you don't like? Is it the different atmosphere/spirit compared to old school bands? Different vocal styles? Other musical differences?

hour of penance are a good brutal death band that sound like suffocation and deeds of flesh but of course they are not your average clone. They dont have any squealed or gurgled vocals and arent slam death but you should still check them out!

Edit: Death Aflame: Yeah, then you probably won't like those. What is it about Slam/Brutal that you don't like? Is it the different atmosphere/spirit compared to old school bands? Different vocal styles? Other musical differences?

I think its largely because I find that there is no feeling/atmosphere in BD coupled with a near complete lack of melody. Moreover, the majority of BD compositions sound, to my ears at least, like riff salads with little thought poured into the composition aspects of songwriting.