Death Metal

Technical Death Metal: What are the best bands / albums?

I'm a huge fan of Necrophagist's albums, can't wait to get their new one - to be released this year;

Would like to know other bands, hope you people can give me a few tips :cool:

A new Necrophagist?

Ughh...

Odious Mortem is what you should be listening to.

Morkret
Technically should probably go somewhere else, but w/e...
amazing new melodic death metal band. Pretty aggressive, great bottom end. Give it a shot.

Anybody wanna recommend me stuff in this style?

More people should be talking about Necros Christos.
It's been a year since Triune Impurity Rites Has been released and i still play it frequently.. This band is incredible at having an occult atmosphere, everything they have released has been great. I'm currently enjoying Grave Damnation (demo MCD) even the demos are all quality. Great band that deserves more attention. also, Necros Christos is releasing their second full length album in 2009. Can't wait.

More people should be talking about Necros Christos.
It's been a year since Triune Impurity Rites Has been released and i still play it frequently.. This band is incredible at having an occult atmosphere, everything they have released has been great. I'm currently enjoying Grave Damnation (demo MCD) even the demos are all quality. Great band that deserves more attention. also, Necros Christos is releasing their second full length album in 2009. Can't wait.

Indeed! Triune Impurity Rites is a masterwork of occult Death Metal. Thoroughly engaging atmosphere and one of the best Metal releases of the decade.

A new Necrophagist?

Ughh...

Odious Mortem is what you should be listening to.

Well, I really dig Necrophagist's albums. BTW I'm listening to Epitaph right now. Don't understand why some Death Metal fans hate them.

Thanks for all the tips, I also checked the Recommendations Forum and got a few other names.

Nominon-diabolical bloodshed is great death metal album and alittle different than Recremation and Terra Necrosis with more guitar layering and harmonies.

Which Crematory are you talking about? The one from Sweden is straight-up death metal.

^

Crematory from germany on their older albums is death/doom with keyboards and melody.

Dark Tranquillity are coming to my city in April :)

They played a gig near me last week, though I went to see Behemoth the day before instead. Would have liked to go to both but meh, lack of moneys.

On another note, Gory Blister ftw. It's technical without being boring as fuck, though they have a crappy name.

It's actually a second copy. I don't really remember how I wound up with two...it's new and unplayed as far as I can tell, though not sealed.

New Ribspreader song 'septic severance' up. I found Ribspreader material after Bolted To The Cross generic and this seems promising.

http://www.myspace.com/serenityinobscenity

upcoming death metal releases to look out for

Bloodbath ~
Hail of Bullets ~ n/a
Demiurg ~ the hate chamber
Ribspreader ~ opus ribcage
Paganizer ~ carnage junkie
Unleashed ~ hammer battalion
Grave ~ n/a

New Ribspreader song 'septic severance' up. I found Ribspreader material after Bolted To The Cross generic and this seems promising.

http://www.myspace.com/serenityinobscenity

upcoming death metal releases to look out for

Bloodbath ~
Hail of Bullets ~ n/a
Demiurg ~ the hate chamber
Ribspreader ~ opus ribcage
Paganizer ~ carnage junkie
Unleashed ~ hammer battalion
Grave ~ n/a

heard mikael akerfeldt is doin vocals for bloodbath again, which is cool cus i enjoyed his vocals better