Death Metal

I find SOP to be problematic as Dodens stated, but sometimes they are sort of fun to listen to if you want some super wanky death metal with tons of pretense.

I arrived home after a 12 hour work shift and hanging out with my friends to watch them get copies of SSBB :)() to find my NWN! package containing

ignivomousz.jpg

(die hard; actual scan)

and the new Dead Congregation

Necrovation is probably the best shit I've heard this year, death metal-wise. Will definitely be hard to top. :headbang:

Been giving it repeated listens on the long-ass boring as fuck journey to tafe each day.

They're really over-the-top wanky and are compositionally influenced by the more bombastic Classical stuff. They have some fun/cool songs ("Render My Prey", "Lash By Lash") but mostly are pretty boring and haranguing.

I like them, but I hardly ever listen to them. Bands like them, Visceral Bleeding, Anata, etc. are fun to listen to once in a while, in small doses.

I personally think Anata is much more structured, coherent, and all around better than SoP or Visceral Bleeding. I enjoy Spawn Of Possession occasionally for the masturbatory aspect of things, seeing as it forces me to play guitar better. In terms of listen ability, however, they're pretty dull.

Does anyone dig Ceremonial Oath? I'm listening to The Book of Truth now and it's pretty cool stuff.

I listened to "Carpet", their last album. Pretty good old school melodic death with both anders friden and tomas lindberg on vocals<

but their version of hallowed be thy name is pathetic