Death Metal

Do any of you actually like Groove Death Metal? Do you think there's any good Groove DM? I like Six Feet Under and some of Jungle Rot myself, but don't know of anymore bands, Obituary may fall under the category as well and I like them.

The God That Never Was and Indecent & Obscene are total runner-ups.

The new Ignivomous 7" is so fucking good. Very evil NYDM-style (from Australia) in the vein of Suffocation crossed with the obscure sound of Morpheus Descends + awesome lyrics. Basically fucking essential. Proud to own the die-hard, for sure.

My review of the new Ignivomous EP:

Australian death horde Ignivomous surprised me with this one. Expecting the typical old-school barbaric war metal the Aussies are known for, you can see that I was floored by this NYDM style assault packed on to a die-hard, collectors' edition 7" piece of wax. Similar in rhythmic crushing ability to Suffocation and in general atmosphere to an unholy spawn of Morpheus Descends and Order From Chaos, these Aussies rage through 2 tracks and a ravaging intro of pure old-school death metal with hints of technical rhythmic shifts and a disturbing, morbid and permeating atmosphere. This is a fucking awesome EP and is made even better by the excellent packaging for the afore-mentioned die-hard edition: a blue/black/white patch, sticker and poster with an insert bearing the (extremely well-written and engaging) lyrics and the vinyl itself (marble-colored like the text on the cover!). Kudos to Yosuke/NWN! and the dudes in this band for doing this. Fucking infernal death metal hell!

No, but I'm in line for the mp3s if that counts at all :p Is it available anywhere physically? The NWN review mentions the EP being better and tighter (IIRC) than the demo. I still wouldn't mind hearing it tbh.

Fun fact: I was comparing them to the mighty Order From Chaos before I even noticed two dudes in the band picture wearing OFC and Vulpecula shirts. :lol:

Path of Attrition is the band's demo, which NWN released sometime late 2007. NWN still has it in stock (Die Hard as well). I honestly don't hear too much of a difference between the demo and this EP.

My review of the new Ignivomous EP:

Australian death horde Ignivomous surprised me with this one. Expecting the typical old-school barbaric war metal the Aussies are known for, you can see that I was floored by this NYDM style assault packed on to a die-hard, collectors' edition 7" piece of wax. Similar in rhythmic crushing ability to Suffocation and in general atmosphere to an unholy spawn of Morpheus Descends and Order From Chaos, these Aussies rage through 2 tracks and a ravaging intro of pure old-school death metal with hints of technical rhythmic shifts and a disturbing, morbid and permeating atmosphere. This is a fucking awesome EP and is made even better by the excellent packaging for the afore-mentioned die-hard edition: a blue/black/white patch, sticker and poster with an insert bearing the (extremely well-written and engaging) lyrics and the vinyl itself (marble-colored like the text on the cover!). Kudos to Yosuke/NWN! and the dudes in this band for doing this. Fucking infernal death metal hell!

I have to check this out!

Path of Attrition is the band's demo, which NWN released sometime late 2007. NWN still has it in stock (Die Hard as well). I honestly don't hear too much of a difference between the demo and this EP.

Oh, cool. I might have to buy it in the future!

I STILL can't get fully in to it. It rules, I know, but I have yet to comprehend just how hard it really does rule. It is very much like a death metal version of DSO or Katharsis though...epic and fucked-up yet undeniably tight and intelligent music.

Its very innovative despite its old school sound. I'd say they take a more death metal approach than The Chasm, but are similiar in some ways. The Chasm just has much more thrash influence, idk if that makes any sense.