Death Metal

There's a difference between caring about lyrics and requiring that all lyrics be tasteful and something you can agree with. I don't agree at all with Satanism or sexism or violence or racism of any kind, but I appreciate the aesthetic in which the lyrics and music are tied together. Music, and art more broadly, is, in very large part, artistic expression, and a work of art is an artist's expression, so I judge it based on his vision and not my own.

I view metal music in a totally type of listening. Honestly, most metal songs will not connect to your inner feelings, and I am not saying this in a bad way.

I heard some of Waking The Cadaver this week and liked it, do any of you else like them? They are Deathcore, hwat do yuo think of Deathcore? I also liked some Job For a Cowboy, namely the song Entombment of a Machine. Not so much Despised Icon, that was just ok.

I heard some of Waking The Cadaver this week and liked it, do any of you else like them? They are Deathcore, hwat do yuo think of Deathcore? I also liked some Job For a Cowboy, namely the song Entombment of a Machine. Not so much Despised Icon, that was just ok.

I can't think of one single band that's worse than Waking the Cadaver, tbh, and that goes for all genres of music. Job For A Cowboy is also a close contender for worst band ever.

Some deathcore is OK. As Blood Runs Black, The Concubine, and early All Shall Perish are pretty good.

Vital%20Remains_IN-1.jpg

One of the better goods of listening to what YOU like is: you'll never become a stuck-up type with regards to the music that you enjoy. I somewhat envy you even. Sometimes I wish I was never exposed to all this "superior" metal, because with that comes a feeling of false superiority. Actually, now, a rather big portion of this stuff doesn't seem very atrractive to me anymore.
Just keep listening to what you deem enjoyable and don't let anyone dictate you otherwise.

No, I'm not a troll, I just like some bands that are deemed shitty.

My bad. :)

It just seems like you quickly pass off bands that are held in high regard here and claim to start getting into bands that are, well, shit. That is cause for some skepticism.

Would like to know your thoughts on Vital Remains.

Bought theit last one - Icons of Evil, and the first spins didn't impress me. The last Deicide, on the other hand, sounds great (especially its guitar work).