Death Metal

One I've been meaning to get a hold of is Lemming Project's "Hate and Despiste". Anyone care to share / point in the direction of somewhere to get it from either post it here, or pm.

also, on In Pains, I agree that it is fairly accessible - it's not a difficult listen. Although after the countless listens I've given it, it doesn't really stack up to the greatness of many of the albums I consider "classics". I mean, its good, perhaps even great. But it's not "brilliant" or "classic" ... imo (of course).

Miasma - Changes is probably the most underrated of all the great death metal albums that get discussed here. It's babaric and primitive, without being over-bearing blasting or incompetent like many others who have trodden that path.

I think Entombed's album "Left Hand Path" has been totally under appreciated after Falco wrote that damn review of his. The guy touched upon some valid points, but then proceeded to overstate their importance on the whole. That said, it's an awesome album, but a little rough around the edges. The nostalgic value totally makes up for it, though (really bad point). :kickass:

Agreed. The title track alone is a top five death metal song of all time, and indeed, my phone ringtone. Brilliant...the rest of the album lulls a little after such an epic opening track, though "Supposed to Rot" and "Drowned" are still better than almost anything else to have come from the original Sunlight studios crowd.

One I've been meaning to get a hold of is Lemming Project's "Hate and Despiste". Anyone care to share / point in the direction of somewhere to get it from either post it here, or pm.

also, on In Pains, I agree that it is fairly accessible - it's not a difficult listen. Although after the countless listens I've given it, it doesn't really stack up to the greatness of many of the albums I consider "classics". I mean, its good, perhaps even great. But it's not "brilliant" or "classic" ... imo (of course).

Miasma - Changes is probably the most underrated of all the great death metal albums that get discussed here. It's babaric and primitive, without being over-bearing blasting or incompetent like many others who have trodden that path.

Good post, but if you find a way to download Hate and Despise let me know because I forgot to rip my copy to my computer when I moved to the UK and I can't find it to get my copy back

I haven't listened to death metal for a while except the death/thrash band Devastation from Texas. Their album Signs of Life is straight forward aggressive/harsh thrash, but it's well done and a great listen; I think play as well as bands like Pestilence.

I have Hate and Despise. I can share it with you and swizzle, if you don't mind having it in .wma format.

Alright then upload is underway.
Hatebreeder, forgot about your PM I'll share some stuff with you too. And yes, to swizzle's other request. I can upload the last album Necrosis as well. I thought it was pretty cool.

One I've been meaning to get a hold of is Lemming Project's "Hate and Despiste". Anyone care to share / point in the direction of somewhere to get it from either post it here, or pm

I actually found one used at an FYE and have seen them all over ebay and amazon and am pretty sure it's released on Century Media and very easy to find. I can't find the first album Extinction which seems to me the most rare death metal cd besides Epitaph-seeming salvation.

Hate and Despise is really easy and cheap to find. I got Exctinction for 15$ shipping included. So I guess I was lucky. I could put it in mp3s if anyone wants to hear it.

Anyone heard Aeon's new album Rise to Dominate yet? I think it's a pretty damn good album lots of kick ass riffs. The only thing that annoys me is the stupid satan lyrics. I remember hearing " I believe in satan!! And satan believes in me!!!" :rolleyes:

I own this but it ain't for sale...you can probably download it all over the place, but...dunno if you're so into that.