Death Metal

The even more laryngitic vocals on the The Four Instructive Tales of Decomposition demo are just as awesome.

ObscureInfinity said:
Am I the only one that never had a problem with Demilich's vocals?

I actually had more trouble adjusting to the music than the vocals, and the music is rather repetitive, which bars me from listening to their album more often.

'Nuff said. The vocals are more interesting than the music overall, I think.

People love Demilich because they're very riff-oriented and unique.I never had a problem with the vocals. I still think they're overly mechanical, jumpy and overblown, though. The opener on Nespithe is a great track and other tracks have their moments, but overall, not much catches my ear for an extended period of time.

Not yet. My old computer doesn't work well with Soulseek in the background and I need its optimal performance for work, and the new one has a malfunctioning connection. I'll get to it one day , unless you can upload it on sendspace perhaps?:)

I can upload you some songs tonight

If you do actually check one out go with 'Resurrection Through Carnage'.

The latest Deathevokation is pretty damn good. Though, to my recollection, it sounds a lot more doomy than 'death metaly' most of the time.

It's really atmospheric Doomy Death Metal. It actually took me a few spins to get used to it because it was so different from what I expected of it due to the fact that the band touts their knowledge of the old school so much that you'd think they would sound more like Nominon or Repugnant, but it definitely makes them more interesting having such an in-depth understanding and appreciation for old school Death Metal and yet doing something new with it.

It's really atmospheric Doomy Death Metal. It actually took me a few spins to get used to it because it was so different from what I expected of it due to the fact that the band touts their knowledge of the old school so much that you'd think they would sound more like Nominon or Repugnant, but it definitely makes them more interesting having such an in-depth understanding and appreciation for old school Death Metal and yet doing something new with it.

I definitely need to give it some more spins.

Old School or newer bands that sound Old School?

Both I guess. I only know of the really popular death metal bands, I need to start listening to the underground ones. I just heard of Deathevokation today, so I don't know if that will tell you how far I am or not.

There are literally hundreds of lists of old school Death Metal bands floating around this forum, both in this thread, in the old school death metal thread, and in the recommendations forum.