Death Metal

You're all fruity.

I gave Behemoth - The Apostasy another listen yesterday.

When I first heard it, I was expecting too much I think and I thought it was a bit mediocre.

I find it to be very very good now.

I really dig the epic nuances that overlay some of the tracks, like the choirs and horns. You don't see that enough in death metal.

very true man, i did the exact same last week, really solid album... thats not to say it's a #2.

=P

To any one who listens to Oxiplegatz... since it has the guitar genius, Alf Svensson, from early At the Gates, is it worth investigating? What album is the best?

To any one who listens to Oxiplegatz... since it has the guitar genius, Alf Svensson, from early At the Gates, is it worth investigating? What album is the best?

I like Fairytales the most because it is the most like the ATG stuff. The other albums are cool too, but less metal and more scifi/prog.

Ah, looks like I chimed in at the right time. I'll check it out sometime, if I can remember amongst the hordes of other things I want to check out.

Having just listened to Fairytales again I have come to the conclusion that I really do like the album, but you should be forewarned that it is incredibly diverse. Some songs are basically where TRITSIO era ATG left off, while others are interesting folk/classical pieces composed on crappy synths/keyboards complete with angelic female vocals. Even weirder at least one or two songs on that album sound like 80s Sci-Fi electronica soundtracks (reminds me of the score in Mass Effect actually). Then I think their is at least a couple of songs that sound like catchy heavy/power metal.

Overall it is a seemingly nonsensical combination of Alf's aural experiments with music more generally. That being said, the vast majority of it is still quite enjoyable IMO, no matter what genre Alf delves into.

Edit: the later Oxiplegatz stuff is a more holistic synthesis of all of these tendencies so you may enjoy that more depending on your taste.

Deathcore sucks. I'm surprised people listen to Waking The Cadaver they're that terrible. I would actually rather listen to Devourment and other horrible brutal death metal bands over them.

Waking the Cadaver are more slam death than deathcore nowadays but I agree, they're probably the worst band I've ever heard.

Listening to Depravity-Silence of the Centuries
Holy shit this stuff is amazing. I can rate this as one of the better but never known OSDM bands like Abhoth.

Fun Fact:Elias Viljanen from Sonata Arctica was in this band!

Check this out soon!